Franken Stein - Nap

a/n: sorry this was short, it's 1 am so I just wanted to write this down before it left my mind.

Pairing: Franken Stein x Reader

Anime: Soul Eater

Summary: [Name] visits Stein's place.

"Steinnn..." [Name] whined out, opening the door to the meister's home. "Spirit was bothering me againnnn...."

"What do you expect, it's him." He sighed, swiveling around on his chair. "So? Are you here to mope again, or are you actually in the mood to help me with work?"

"I don't do it all the time." They grumbled. "I guess I might as well do some paperwork, for all the times you've let me stay here."

"Great. Here's Black☆Star's homework." He handed them a paper, then went back to typing on the computer with a blank face.

"I'm surprised he actually did it—" [Name] cut themselves off, staring at the paper. "...Never mind."

~~~~~

"That was a nightmare." They groaned out. "What is wrong with your students, Stein."

"What do you mean."

"Hm, I don't know, the fact that one writes in the absolute sloppiest handwriting ever, another folded their homework into origami, and someone can't even write their goddamn name without going into a panic attack?" A sigh. "I have no idea how you can handle all of them."

"Well, you're not exactly helping right now." Stein muttered, pushing his glasses up his nose. "It's like you're a child in an adult's body."

"Wha—well, you're not wrong, but at least I can handle myself." They huffed. "Besides, Marie can't be here all the time, so I have to help make sure you're staying healthy."

"I don't recall ever asking you to do that."

"Ugh...you're so annoying sometimes." Groaning, they flopped onto the patchwork couch. "I'm taking a nap. Wake me up when you're done."

"....."

Not long after, once hearing their soft breathing from the couch, the silver-haired man stood up from his seat and walked over to their slumped figure.

Observing them silently, his fingers started to twitch, but instead, he moved his hand to the screw in his head, turning it a few times. Stein sighed, shaking his head before slowly taking off his stitched-up lab coat, and draping it on top of them carefully.

[Name] stirred slightly, but a small smile crept onto their face, curling into the makeshift blanket. Hesitantly, he ruffled their hair lightly, watching their peaceful expression. Thankfully, they were still asleep, and Stein was finally able to grab a quick cup of coffee before sitting at his seat once more, mindlessly clicking at the keyboard, the quiet ambiance filling the room.