Leonardo Watch - Just Lunch

a/n: I actually got a bit of inspiration to write this after listening to a soukoku animatic with "It's Not Like I Like You!!!" lmao. I apologize if I didn't write the tsundere part well! (It's sorta hard to convey without it being super cringy.)

Pairing: Leonardo Watch x Tsundere!Reader

Anime: Blood Blockade Battlefront

Summary: As thanks for helping him, Leonardo offers to have lunch with [Name].

The bell jingled as the door swung open, signaling that someone arrived in the small diner. After, glancing at the entrance, [Name] saw a familiar face, immediately brightening at the sight of him.

"Hey Leo. What brings you here today?" They greeted, pausing their task of wiping the dishes. "Wait, never mind, you're a regular here. Forget what I said."

"Oh, it's nothing much! I just wanted to thank you for covering for me a few days ago, along with the usual grub here, ahaha." He replied, taking a seat at the counter. "Say, um, did you wanna grab lunch or something? Whenever you're free, of course!"

"Huh?" They turned around in surprise, almost dropping a plate. "What are you talking about? Don't you have work to do or something?"

Leonardo rubbed the back of his neck, awkwardly laughing. "Well, later, yeah, but I'm off for a few hours, I think. Unless they spring up another emergency problem on me." He muttered, then shook his head. "But anyways, are you free today?"

"U-Um, hold on, lemme check with Vivian." [Name] stammered, rushing to her coworker. "Hey Viv, come here for a sec!"

"Wha—" The waitress was cut off as she was suddenly pulled into the break room. "Huh? [Name]? What's up?"

"Can you excuse me for, like, a few hours today? I got plans."

"Ohoho? Is this about your favorite regular here?" She smirked, jutting a thumb at the reddish-brown haired boy. "What, did he ask you on a date or something?"

[Name] hastily shoved Vivian's arm down, catching Leonardo's attention. They mustered up a smile at him, then quickly closed the door. "...No, he just wanted to grab lunch. I covered for him a few days ago, so he's just returning the favor."

"You sure? You look awfully embarrassed—"

"Alright, I'm taking that as a yes. See ya later!" They hastily rushed out of the room, not giving Vivian a chance to speak.

The waitress shook her head with a smile on her face. "Ah, young love."

~~~~~

"Where are we going, anyway? Not many places around here are, well, sanitary or appetizing, in my opinion." [Name] said, taking a glance at their companion.

"About that...I hope you don't mind, but I just got to-go from Jack Rockets." He replied, holding up a paper bag with the flashy logo.

"You should've asked me first, at least." They huffed.

"O-Oh, sorry. I'll make sure to next time!"

"N-Next time?! Is he implying he wants us to do this again?!" [Name] internally screamed.

"Here we go." Leonardo sighed, plopping down at a bench in the nearby park. "I got two burgers for the both of us, right? Yeah, okay, I did. Also some for Nej later." He looked up at [Name], who was still standing. "Um, are you gonna sit down?"

"Oh—yeah, sorry." [Name] snapped out of their panicking and took a seat next to him. "...So, was there an occasion or something? There's no need for you to go out of your way like this."

"Hm? What do you mean?" He tilted his head in confusion.

"N-Never mind! Forget it. It wasn't a big deal, just a question." They muttered, starting to eat their food.

"...If you mean that I didn't have to buy this for you, you're wrong. I just wanted to." He answered with unusual confidence, still staring at them. "Just wanted to return the favor! Oh, by the way, why did you cover for me anyway?"

"H-Huh? How should I know, it was a while ago!" [Name] fiddled with their fingers, averting their eyes from his sincere smile. "And why would I remember? I bet it was probably cause you did something stupid again."

"Wha—! It's not my fault trouble literally follows me and my coworkers wherever we go!" He whined. "Whatever. Thanks anyway, I mean it."

"...It's no problem."