Senku Ishigami - Litmus Paper

a/n: the inspiration for this chapter came from the manga panels above, lol. I was like, hey something I've actually seen for once!

Pairing: Senku Ishigami x Reader

Anime: Dr. Stone

Summary: [Name] pops in on the science club again, spotting the main person they wanted to see.

When [Name] first saw the boy, their first thoughts were,

"He looks like a leek."

Telling this to him, it immediately pissed him off. It effectively got them kicked out of the science room. Unfortunately for Senku, the annoying high-schooler kept coming back again and again every day, just to bother him, he presumed.

"Whatcha doin' today, science leek?" They asked, trying to peek over his shoulder, looking at the new contraption he was setting up for the day. "Getting a little dirt-y, huh?"

Senku sighed at the pun. "I'm using the pH paper to test if this soil is too acidic or not, why? Also, why am I 'science leek?'"

[Name] grinned. "Don't tell me you forgot how we met! Your hair looks like a leek, and you're a science geek so I combined the two! Do you get it? Leek and geek—"

He grunted, covering their mouth with the back of his glove to shut them up and not get dirt on their face. "Yeah, yeah, I get it. Can you leave now? I'm busy."

"Whaaaaat?" They took his hand off their mouth and pouted. "But I just got here! I wanna help somehow since I'm really bored."

Raising an eyebrow at their unusual eagerness, he turned back to the experiment. "I'm ten billion percent sure you wouldn't understand it anyway, even if this is a really easy experiment. I saw what you got on the science test." At his words, a sharp inhale came from the high-schooler, making their shoulders slump.

"...Can I at least hold something, then? I can't leave, at least not right now, anyway."

Heavily sighing, he gave in, turning to look at his friend acquaintance. "Fine, pass me the litmus paper over there on the other table, along with the jars of soil, if you want to be helpful. After that, you need to leave."

[Name] cheered and proceeded to follow his directions, happily skipping over to the next table to look over the dirt-filled beakers. They paused, slowly turning around to Senku with a sheepish smile.

"Um...what's litmus paper again?"

"....."