Senku Ishigami - Persistent

a/n: requested by EmpanadaDeUvU! really sorry for being gone so long, i haven't been able to get proper inspiration for a good while now :/ also, yandere-styled fics are a tough topic to write about imo, and I tend to make them sorta just "possessive" than "yandere," if that makes sense. my apologies if i stray from that!

Pairing: Yandere!Senku Ishigami x Fem!Reader

Anime: Dr. Stone

Summary: In which Senku got to know the girl by his side and wanted it to stay that way.

Surprisingly, it started around when they first met. The gusts of air blowing onto the plants and the mechanical whirring emitting from the contraption captured the attention of a young girl nearby, tucking her sketchbook under her arm to further inspect the sounds.

"Woah, what is that?" The seven-year-old boy sighed at the unfamiliar voice, ready to defend his experiment once again from the foolish onlookers if he absolutely had to.

"It's an injector." Senku answered curtly, hands deftly moving while not even sparing a glance at the newcomer.

"Oh, is it?" He could sense them standing a few feet away from him, the sound of their humming filling the silence. "What're you using it for?"

"Building a rocket."

"A rocket? Like a bottle one?" The boy deadpanned, finally turning around to look at the person interrupting his work. She seemed to be around his age, tilting her head to the side and framing his experiment with her fingers.  "Seems a bit too complicated for that...or heavy."

"No, it's for a real rocket. Are you done asking questions now?"

"Harsh. Can a girl not be curious about a wild machine in the middle of the park, with a boy around her age testing it?" She pouted, squatting down to look Senku directly in the eyes. He flinched and inched backwards a bit from her abrupt gesture, making the girl laugh.

"I'm [Name]!" She introduced, sticking her hand out towards the boy. "Currently working to be either a graphic designer or an animator. Hope you don't mind me helping you build that rocket of yours, cause it sounds plenty interesting!"

"...Senku." He responded, shaking her hand with a small smirk on his face. "Currently working to go to space. Good to have you on the team, [Name]."

~~~~~

For the next few years, [Name] continued to help Senku with his work as best as they could, even though the girl was immensely confused at the vast amount of knowledge he had learned.

"Wait...so, this connects to this?" She held up two wires in the mess of mechanical parts he had laying on the ground. "It's the same color, so..."

"No, stupid, how are two wires going to connect without something to hold them together? Here, just give me that..."

"Oh! That makes sense. Geez, you're too smart for your own good, Senku!"

He paused, then waved off her bright smile and went back to building his experiment. "Yeah, whatever."

The encouragement wasn't uncommon to hear, especially after continuously having people compliment him time after time, but...this seemed ever-so-slightly different to the boy.

"So, what can you do?" Senku asked, crossing his arms. "I'm gonna need to know your skill set to see how you can help with the rocket, otherwise there's no point to any of this."