chapter 22

I sat there , half zoned out. My mind kept flickering back to mary , and my parents.

"So y/n." i looked up at the lady. "How have you been dealing with everything?"

"Its been...a bumpy ride.." i rubbed the back of my neck.

"Do you blame yourself?" her words took me by surprise.

"P-pardon?"

"The accident?" she tilted her head.

"Yes." i looked her flatly. " i do blame myself , i could have done something , yet no. i was selfish."

"Well , everyone wants you to know they are here for you , this world has alot of good in it." her words made my blood boil.

"Then why didn't anyone save me huh?!" i snapped at her , forgetting we were live. "If this world is so good , if everyone loves me so much then why did no-one help me escape my own head-" i shut my mouth tight. Why the fuck did i say that.

Yumemi was staring at me , a mix of horror and pity on her face.

"y/n-" the reporter stared at me.

"Well it doesnt matter , that isnt how i really feel" i smiled at her.

=======================

I walked of stage and as soon as i was out of sight i fell down against the wall.

"y/n!" yumemi rushed over to me.

"Why did i say that!" i cursed at myself.

"Dont blame yourself , the world really has it out for you huh?" she sat down next to me , resting her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah.." i sighed , leaning my head against hers.

We sat on the floor for a good half hour , in silence , but it was the safest i had felt in a long time.

================

"y/n! Yumemi!" i opened my eyes as yumeko and ririka ran towards us.

Yumemi got up and hugged ririka , while yumeko crouched down opposite me.

"Interview didnt go so great huh?" she looked at me sadly.

"One way to describe it i suppose ." i said as she helped me up.

===================

A week later

====================

I was sat in my classroom , i was on my phone , yumeko and ryota were watching some gamble.

"y/n!!" yumeko rushed in.

"Hmm?" i looked up from my phone to see a very panicked yumeko and ryota who looked close to passing out.

"Whats wrong?" i put my phone away.

"Marys in a gamble and if she loses she might die!" ryota panicked.

I sighed and crossed my legs.

"Ok. what do you want me to do about that." i knew they wanted my help , but it was mary..

"Please help!" ryota begged.

"And why should i hmm? What exactly has mary done for me?" i glared at them.

"If you win i'll pay you!" yumeko looked at me pleadingly.

I rolled my eyes and got up.

" i dont need your stupid money , ill help , but only for you two , not because i care about her."

===================

I followed yumeko and ryota into the gambling den.

Mary was sat to the side , she was pale and breathing heavily.

"Poison is low , even for you." i stated sitting down at the table.

"Shit.." jun stared at me.

" i mean , what exactly did you think would happen? Your to dumb to know how to use it proply ."

=======================

I easily won the game. I snacthed the anti dote from jun and walked over to mary. She had now passed out.

I took my gloves off , showing my scarred hands. Yumekos eyes locked on my hands.

I took of her blazer and rolled up her sleeve , gently pushing the needle into her arm.

I stood up , as i did she started to stir.

"Ryota deal with her , me and yumeko have a meeting to go to."

I put my gloves back on and walked out , yumeko at my heal.

"Your hands look different." she commented.

"Why do you think i wear the gloves yumeko." i pointed out.

"But-"

"Dont please yumeko , i would rather not talk about that time in my life , not even kirari knows about it." i fastened my pase.

=================

"Sorry we are late." i said entering the room. " some idiot got herself poisoned and this one-" i waved my hand towards yumeko. "- wanted me to help ." i sat down in my seat.

"Kirari whats with her hands?" yumeko asked. I shot a glare at her.

" i told you she doesnt know , drop it." i snapped at her .

I realised not many people where here , only kirari ririka and yumemi.

"Where is everyone?" i raised a eyebrow.

"Considering you were a hour late , they left." ririka commented .

"Oh , ok ." i got up.

"Where are you going?" kirari asked sternly.

"Well the meetings over?" i sat back down confused.

"We need to talk to you." ririka muttered.