O O . O 4

[ after school ]

you still couldn't believe that kōtarō dragged you to the boys gym to watch them train but it hasn't been the first time he's asked you, resulting in you always saying no, so here you were

you quietly opened the big steel door, the boys already practicing some warmups. the first thing you noticed was how much more intense the smell of sweat was, while not really surprising, it wasn't pleasant.

you made your way to one of the benches and sat down, placing your bag next to you on the floor.

you looked over the whole team, spotting bokuto practicing his spikes. they had a good setter aswell but as you looked closer you realised it was the boy from the train. it's really weird how you have never seen him before. well you probably did, but immediately forgot about his existence.

his sets were perfection and you couldn't look away when he set the ball up with immaculate aim for bokuto to spike.

you then wondered if he was the vice captain since you heard some whispers here and there about the vice being a setter. bokuto and you don't hang out as much as you used to since you always were either practicing or studying so you never really talked about your teams.

you were lost in thought and you didn't even realise they were having a break until someone sat next to you, swinging their arm over your shoulder.

"hey cuz cuz, you good? you look like you're in a trance." you shook your head before facing him. "yeah i'm fine, i was just thinking. is that you vice?" you nodded your head to the boy that was collecting some stray balls to get ready for the second half of practice.

bokuto grimmed ear to ear, tightening his hold on your shoulders. "yeah! that's our start line setter and vice captain akaashi keiji!"

 "yeah! that's our start line setter and vice captain akaashi keiji!"