O O . 2 1

[ monday ]

after spending the whole weekend thinking about the girl's words, along came monday

after spending the whole weekend thinking about the girl's words, along came monday. you didn't really have classes today since you were decorating and preparing the class for tomorrow's festival.

and obviously your class went with the maid theme, just like out of an anime which you thought was quite funny.

but you didn't laugh at all today.

the guilt of what you did to akaashi was eating you up more and more. you should've asked bokuto or even akaashi himself before believing rumours and hurting both you and mainly akaashi since he didn't even know what he did.

because he didn't do anything. you also took the train at a normal time today but akaashi wasn't there.

and the thing was that he wasn't even in school today.

you explained the whole thing to bokuto and what was going on and he gave you a big hug telling you that akaashi would most likely forgive you if you explained everything to him and that he would help you but you had to try fix this yourself first.

you were writing the menu down on a big chalk board outside of the door of the cafe (classroom) door and you added some hearts and stars to make it cute.

you stood up and sighed. everything was looking good and ready and the sun was already setting. you helped the most you could today for skipping out yesterday and pretty much most of the week.

harumi said it was alright and she tried to get you to go and get some sleep seeing as the bags under your eyes explained your sleeping schedule pretty clearly.

it was twenty to eight and since training was cancelled today and tomorrow, you picked up your bag and while rubbing your eyes, made your way out of the school grounds.

it was getting dark pretty fast but at this point you were too tired to care.

and then you stopped. you had to go see akaashi. you just had to. his parents were back at nine so there wouldnt be any hassle.

he wasn't in school today and that worried you. your walk turned into a jog and then into a slight run as you were getting more and more desperate to see him and to apologise.

and after passing your own home, you kept running. past all the houses that had happy couples and families eating together, or watching tv, or sleeping or whatever else they were doing.

you finally slowed down and turned into his driveway, jumping up the steps until you stood in front his door, panting, fist raised above the wooden door.

you couldn't do it. you ran all this way but you couldn't do it. i mean, what would you even say. obviously apologies, but what then?

what if he hated you, or if he didn't want anything do do with you?

you bit your lip, a habit you recently picked up, and clenched your fists before raising your fist again.

"y/n?"

you jumped slightly before turning around seeing akaashi. he stood there with what looked like a bag of shopping.

"what are you doing here. it's dangerous to be out this late." you felt a sudden warmth when you heard akaashi's words. does he actually still care?

"well. i was wondering if we could talk.." the silence was deafening as akaashi pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time. he walked up the steps and past you, opening the door.

he kept it opened for you, allowing you to step inside the familiar house.

you stepped into the living room as he placed the shopping on the kitchen counter, then joined you in the living room.

you sat on the couch across from him. you felt your face turn red. not only from embarrassment, but also from the tears gathering in your eyes once again.

"akaashi. i'm so so sorry."