O O . 1 7

[ after school ]

you were in the girls changing room with the team after you just got finished with training

you were pulling on your school jumper in the corner, lost in thought. as you were folding your clothes and putting them in your sports bag, you heard two girls next to you whispering a little too loud.

"yeah, i heard he likes her as well. supposedly he wants to ask her to the festival." the other one gasped "really? akaashi wants to ask some first year?" the other one nodded and they continued.

"i don't know though. i've seen them exchange a couple of words but it was mainly her just clinging onto him." the second one shuddered. "but you never know. i mean, the way he looks at her."

as you zipped up your bag, feeling your heart shatter into a million pieces, harumi grabbed your hand, your other one pulling your bag and she dragged you out of the changing rooms and to the entrance of the gym.

she was next to you as well and heard everything you did. "hey, you okay?" you nodded your head, feeling the lump in your throat , knowing if you spoke a word, you'd break down into tears. harumi saw the tears collecting in your eyes.

she's never seen your cry so to see that you were about to cry, and over a boy at the same time, was truly heart wrenching. "look hun, they were probably just rumours. don't listen to them okay?" you nodded before turning around and walking away. "i have to go."

[ later ]

akaashi really didn't know what was going on today. did he do something wrong?

the second he saw you approaching he could tell something was up. you just nodded your head and started to walk, him following.

you were biting your lip to the point that you broke the skin and your fists were clenched in your pocket. 'don't cry. don't cry. you knew he wouldn't ever like you anyway.'

you just walked up the porch and unlocked your door, him following and after taking his shoes off along with you doing the same, you went upstairs to your room.

'just smile. it's not that hard.'

you looked up at him with a smile. but it didn't reach your eyes. "okayy. let's get this done yeah?" he nodded his head and the two of you began finishing the last details.

it took you both about an hour but once you were finished you sighed both in relief.

"so you want me to help you with that maths?" you looked up at his eyes. his beautiful orbs sparkled and you almost got lost in them.

"u-uh i." you sighed before smiling again. mustering the best one you could. "i'll be fine. but thanks."

you saw akaashi's face droop a little. "oh. yeah no, that's fine then. i guess i'll be going. text me if you need anything okay?" you nodded, feeling that sinking feeling again.

you walked him down stairs. he put on his coat and shoes and he opened the door before looking back a little. "[l/n]." you looked up at him now.

"you would tell me if i did something wrong right?" your eyes widened and you were choked for words.

before you could stutter out something stupid, he leaned in and you felt something warm on your cheek.

the door closed before you could process it and your tears slipped down your cheeks.

"akaashi.."