O O . 1 8

[ tuesday ]

after you and akaashi completed the history project, you didn't really talk or see eachother

during lunch you dragged harumi to the roof, avoiding both akaashi and bokuto.

you didn't have anything against bokuto, but you wanted to avoid any questions that were asked.

and at practices you would wait until the sun was setting so that you were sure akaashi wasn't waiting for you.

and then in class you would completely avoid his gaze or text messages.

and that carried on till friday. for almost four day, you ignored the raven haired boy. you ignored him thinking it would help with the constant heart ache that remained and became stronger in your heart.

and it surely didn't help when you witnessed what you witnessed. a brown haired girl, she was absolutely perfect. and clinging onto akaashi's arm everywhere he went just like those girls had said.

the train you took now was an hour earlier, making you be there an hour extra so you practiced in the hall for a bit.

this morning you were sitting  on one of the balls in the gym.

you had just changed and you decided that you would practice your serves, which you've been keeping as a secret weapon you could say.

you were sitting on the ball, wondering if akaashi realised you were avoiding him. probably not since he's completely head over heals for some random first year.

you've been storing this anger in you and every time you saw or would think about akaashi, it just rose more and more.

you stood up, picking up the ball before stepping back to the edge of the court. the palm of your hand keeping the ball in its place, other hand on top.

you threw the ball up, perfect height. took three steps forward before leaping up, your other hand swinging backwards, your back curving into a c shape.

you released your hand, whipping forward as it shot through the court and smacked the other side.

you felt your anger rising as you saw the skid mark the ball left, the stinging in your palm pushing you more.

you took another ball and served it again.

and again

and again until you were breathing heavily, one last ball left in the basket, all the other balls scattered around.

you put the most force into this one, and it was the best feeling you have ever felt.

you yelled in anger as you slammed your hand down before landing on your feet and falling on your knees. you fell forward on your hands and clenched your fists as you felt the salty tears flow down your cheeks.

you felt the anger leave your body, replacing it with sadness. this is why you didn't want to fall for anyone. the thought of getting your heart broken scared you.

you got back on your folded knees and wiped your eyes, realising you should probably clean up before heading back to change.

you stood up and picked up a ball that stopped next to your foot. throwing it, it landed perfectly in the basket.

but as you turned around to pick up another one, you froze as you saw akaashi standing at the door.