Chapter One

I wrote this on my computer instead of my phone so the paragraphs are a tad bigger than expected-

╔.▪️.═════════╗
Chapter One
The Bitch
╚═════════.▪️.╝

The euphoric taste of whipped cream combined with the stinging warmth of hot chocolate invaded her senses as she listened to the teacher babble on about using culture as a theme. Film Studies wasn't Lilly's favourite so she wasn't particularly paying attention, but she took notes whenever she could. 

"You need to choose the subject with care", the teacher began, his talk very animated and hands moving erratically. "You could decide on a pressing topic like homelessness, or one that's simply just 'trendy', in order to gain the younger people's attention. For example if I choose a cultural topic right now, perhaps the young man in the back wouldn't be asleep. Fortescue, wake up!". As he yelled Lilly heard someone stir behind her, them groaning with sleep before realising where they were.

"I have set a group project for this", he continues, earning multiple moans and protests from the students, which he ignored, "but I will talk about that at the end of the lesson. Now, if everyone will look to the board-"

The teacher's voice faded out as Lilly stopped listening, and crossed out a quick note she had jotted down earlier. She read over them all. They consisted of various issues she had read about in Britain, 'war' standing out the most, extra notes of violence and sub-categories/ideas coming off it in a spider diagram. Depending on the project, she'd probably have to brainstorm something like a script off one of those ideas. What could she come up with on the topic of war...?

"You keep bouncing your leg.", said the blonde to her left. He had a very bored expression upon his rather pale face, a shadow cast over his blue eyes despite the mischievous twinkle in them.

She looked over at him with a dumbfounded look, her brown, almost-black eyes confused. "Sorry, what?"

"You're bouncing your leg. Its annoying."

She scoffed, thinking back to earlier when he kept chuckling obnoxiously at his phone, texting some kid called Toby. "So's that's bloody accent, you don't see me bitching about it, do you?"

"My accent is lovely and smooth because its mine. All the women love it. I have so many girlfriends because of my voice. How many you got? 0? Thought so, you stupid American-looking..." he muttered the last part to himself, leaving Lilly in an absolutely shocked and silent wave of rage.

"You're such a child."

"I am not a fucking child!"

"Child, child, child, child" she repeated, chanting in a mocking voice. A fit of protests erupted from the boy, until eventually the teacher reached the end of his lesson, Lilly shocked by the vast passage of time. 

He clapped his hands together, signalling the students to listen. She immediately stopped chanting and forgot about the boy, meanwhile he glared at her from the corner of his eye, but still attempted to pay attention. "Right, everyone. You may remember that I had mentioned a project earlier. The project will be mainly between two people. You shall be working with the person beside you, you may pick which of the two, unless you are next to or are the person at the end of the row. You don't really have a choice that way. However they will also be done in groups.

"The aim is to use one of the ideas you came up with today to create the basis of a script, or a full script if willing, based around one subject from Person A's list and another subject from Person B's list. You have been granted 5 months for this project and I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

"The end of the lesson has now drawn near so pack your things away and prepare for departure. You may leave when the clock strikes 2."

Lilly looked to her sides. On her left was a rather tall and pale lady, brunette hair trapped in a bun and black eyes piercing through her as she looked back, obviously weighing through her options. She pursed her black-pigmented lips. As she placed her notepad within her sticker-infested backpack, she also straightened her large, oversized black jumper, the simple ivory smile contrasting the cold look she held. Lilly liked emos, she wasn't afraid to admit that, and she wasn't afraid to admit the sight of a piercing surrounding the outside of the girl's ear when she tucked her hair behind it sent her over the moon.

And to her right, sat the blonde child.

Knowing the obvious answer, she prepared to ask the girl to partner up with her, until the guy from earlier repeatedly tapped her shoulder for attention. She turned quickly, her face soon turning just as sour as his. "You're my partner."

"No I ain't. Be someone else's". Out the corner of her eye, Lilly spotted the girl from before watching intently.

"I'm at the edge - you're my partner.", he reasoned.

"No, piss off, tallass."

"Great. Here's my number" he said, handing her a slip with what she guessed was his number. What a genius. "Call me sometime for the project, shortass.". He waltzed out the room with his bad hung over his freakishly tall stature as she stared with her mouth agape.

What a wonderful start to the day.

The lessons felt longer than usual, Lilly focusing a tad more on the loss of a possible love interest for her story. As if she was the main character, though. Never. 

She kept thinking back to her - the small parting of her lips in surprise when she noticed Lilly looking her way. The light sparkle in her eye when she smiled, even a small little grin. And the feeling that bubbled in Lilly's stomach when she did.

And despite the ruckus her thoughts caused in her head about why she shouldn't, Lilly figured she may as well call the reason why she lost the chance to talk to the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. She mentally called herself a simp as she pressed the green button, signifying the start of the call.

When he answered, she heard a rather lovely American voice in the background talking about the end of men or something. "Who's this, I'm busy."