Chapter Two

Crossing my fingers I can write this one without (too many) long ass paragraphs.

╔.▪️.═════════╗
Chapter Two
First Project
Meeting
╚═════════.▪️.╝

He sounded very bossy when he answered the phone, completely ignoring the man in the background. "Who's this, I'm busy."

"Do you not have contact names?" said the American voice in the background.

"Shut up.", said the kid from earlier, exaggerating his accent more than before. "I gave a woman my phone number because she was in love with me."

"I despise you." she immediately answered dead-panned

"And this is definitely that woman. Why are you calling?"

"You told me to." she said matter-of-factly, pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration. How was she already angry at this guy?

"I always said I could command men. Din't I Ranboob?"

"Mhm". The American sounded very bored and fed up too. The guy must just have that affect.

"I ain't no man, asshat. You never actually told me your name by the way."

"You didn't tell me yours."

She let a smirk tug her lips. "Well, I'll be nice. Ladies first and all that. I'm Lilly Horne, my friends usually call me Brick though. Don't ask why." she responded, adding to it in her thoughts; only Dorothea does it. To be fair, she is my only friend at this point.

"I am Big Man Thomas. You can call me Big T."

"Big'ead it is."

"Pronounce your 'H's."

"Lower your ego.". He seemed to have slammed a nearby desk at that moment. The comment must have got to him, which was further proven when he went into a fit of rage. It sounded very for show, but she couldn't tell and didn't think he had an audience to act for. "Why are you so dramatic? Like holy mother of all that is good, you're like a fucking child."

"STOP CALLING ME A CHILD!"

"Will do when you stop acting like one."

After that he hung up, leaving her to wonder what the hell just happened. She threw her phone onto the bed behind her as she swiftly sat on the floor, her legs pulled up to her chest and her notepad from her lesson pulled up to her.

A moment later her phone went off with a ping.

XX XXXX XXXX

What ideas do you
have for the project
by the way?

She scoffed as a smile played on the corner of her mouth.

XX XXXX XXXX

Give me your ideas
and I might tell you

Tbh all I got was
famine, war,
conquest and death

Gave up after that

Four horseman, nice

I got war too so
maybe that one?

Lots of experience
with war so sure

Okay???

How about we just
do the four horsemen
and the monarchy

I'm getting so many
flashbacks rn

Sure they sound good

Pog

I'll give you my address
maybe we could meet up
and plan shit

Great whatever im
busy go away

Alright asshole

She quickly saved his number as Dickhead Partner and got back to what she was doing. She doodled some quick notes and drawings on a blank piece of paper, all imagining the different things to do with their chosen subjects. War was fairly obvious, you could just do one about violence. Link that with monarchy and you have a revolution. Not to mention you can't really have a war without death. The other two were the tricky ones.

As she brainstormed the ideas, the next thing she knew was she was asleep, with her body sprawled out along the floor and her head fallen onto her bed.

"Your room is shit." he said as he dumped his backpack on the floor, cursing to himself as if he remembered something in it.

"Only cause you walked in, Thomas". She rolled her eyes.

"I don't like Thomas. Call me Tommy."

"Fine, Tommy. Right let's sit and brainstorm I guess."

They both planted themselves on her rug, him sitting away from the door, his horrible posture emphasised, and her laid against her bed, he back being as straight as it could be. She could already sense a difference between the two.

He was looking around at the walls, some marvel posters scattered here and there and a couple sketches he could see in the corner, however they were so faint he could hardly make out what of. A TV sat to the side of the bed near him on a small white table, which also housed various books, most being fantasy, mythology and historical fiction. Tommy wasn't a fan of them genres, besides perhaps mythology, so he picked up the closest one to him - Greek Mythology: The Gods, the Greats, the Heroes.

"You got Theseus in here?" he asked, wonder and suspicion crowding his voice for some reason.

"Probably some of his stories, yeah. Can you focus on the project though?"

"Is the four horsemen greek shit?" he wondered, pride engulfing his voice as he said it with certainty.

"No, it's from the bible. You know what they are but you don't know where they come from?"

He muttered, "you're bullying me", and put the book back on the table. He then pulled his laptop out of his bag, a small notepad Lilly recognised from class absent-mindedly falling out too. "Do you play minecraft?"

"No I do my work. You should try it." she replied, sass dripping from her words.

"I'm real good at minecraft." Tommy continued completely ignoring Lilly. "I play it all the time. Do you play Among Us?"

"So the Four Horsemen are war, fam-"

"What about Jackbox? You ever played Jackbox? I like Jackbox."

"-ine, conquest, and death. The first to come was Conquest, who had a white horse and wore a crown."

"I played Terraria recently too. My friend Techno joined me. It was fun by he's a bit of an arse."

She counted out Conquest in her finger, and soon followed it up with: "The second was War, who had a red horse and a sword", as well as the second finger.

"Play minecraft with me."

She held up her third finger. "The third was famine. Stole food and had a black 'orse, I think."

"Play. Mine. Craft. With. Me."

She held up her fourth finger as well. "And the final was Death. You can kinda guess what he did. Any questions?"

"Will you play minecraft with me?"