13. Healing Touch

The following day in Grimmauld saw tension so thick that it could be cut with a knife. Sirius and Harry wouldn't stay in the same room, forget talking to each other. Hermione hadn't had a minute of sleep the previous night and looked like a zombie all day. Remus was suffering from the effects of the moon and Liv had fever which refused to go no matter how much they gave her fever reducing potion and cold towels.

"Give her to me." Remus said after half an hour of seeing Hermione carrying her on her hip , rocking her so that she could sleep. He felt bad for Hermione who had so kindly stayed awake all night making hot chocolate for him and discussing books and articles just because the moon was taking a toll on him and he couldn't sleep.

"Don't worry." She smiled at him. "You need to rest well."

"You look like a inferi, Hermione. Trust me, you need rest more than me." Remus said taking Liv from her arm and sitting down with her on his lap. The little imp stopped crying once he placed his arm around her and took a long yawn.

"Look at her!" Hermione whisper yelled , shaking her head at her daughter who was already sleeping with her head resting on Remus' chest.

Remus couldn't help stop the grin that broke on his face. "Guess she likes me best." He boasted but composed his smug expression when he saw Hermione give him a glare, "Now that she is taken care of, you should go and take a nap."

This was how the day went. Sirius sulking in his room and Harry at work. It was dinner time when Hermione came downstairs after her deep slumber. She was really thankful to Remus because she needed to sleep badly.
Her feet stopped at the door of living room as she saw the scene infront of her. Remus was lying on the couch with Liv sleeping on his chest. Both looked peaceful while sleeping. She couldn't stop the tears that came to her eyes. She couldn't hide them from flowing down her cheeks as Sirius placed a hand on her shoulder. He gave her a sympathetic look.

Sirius felt bad for Hermione. Just like he-who-he-was-angry-with-and-shall-not-be-named , Hermione too had seen too much in her young life. She lost her parents, she was tortured, she was hunted, and she lost the father of her child. He felt bad for her.

She sniffed and wiped her tears on her sleeve and gave him a polite smile. She knew Sirius was here to accompany Remus to his transformation. She followed him to where they were sleeping and tried to picked up her daughter. But couldn't since Remus tightened his hold on her.

"Moony, mate!" Sirius said shaking him. Remus mumbled incoherently.

"Moon." He said.

"Yes Remus. The moon is going to be up soon. We should go." This was enough to wake him up and he let go of Liv to Hermione immediately. His eyes rushed to the old clock on the wall and his eyes widened.

"How did I manage to sleep for so long?"

"You must be really tired." Sirius shrugged.

"But I never slept on full moon before." Remus said.

"Look Moony, you can play detective snouts later , but first we should go." Sirius said , his eyes going to Liv momentarily.

This didn't go missing by Remus who immediately stiffened on seeing Liv.

"Lets go."

Remus stepped out of his room at noon the next day. The moon had been bad and he had a huge cut on his cheek. His body was sore and he had slept half the day.
As he went downstairs, he saw Sirius and Hermione sitting in the kitchen with Liv on her hight chair.

"Where's Harry?" Remus asked. He saw Sirius stiffen on his word. He was coloring with crayons which broke in his hand.

"Paddy. No." Liv exclaimed.