19. Breaking the prophecy

"What's he doing here?" Sirius growled from the doorway his eyes glaring daggers at Mike Sewlyn. Harry pinched his nose in frustration. He knew pretty well this would happen.

The order members stared inbetween the stubborn and reckless Marauder and the young boy who had been a part of all the parties and get together for three years due to his association with the Boy who lived. It was a curious matter for everyone why Harry was generous to him. However, they all knew it too that now was not the time to test Sirius Black. Once again , he had started resembling the Sirius Black who had escaped Azkaban. It was like his entire life was hanging from a thin thread which could break any moment. It was clear that Remus Lupin was the reason for it. Everyone pitied the poor man who was on verge of losing his only friend. 

Hermione placed a hand on his shoulder. Somehow, Sirius only listened to her ever since the accident. No one was complaining though. It was good that someone had a lease on the dog.

"Sirius, hear him out first, okay?" Hermione pleaded him. Sirius turned his angry eyes towards her but his anger was replaced with some other emotions which was difficult to figure out.

No one could see it but Sirius could. He knew what to look for. Others saw the dark circles under her eyes but Sirius saw the hollowness in her brown orbs. He could hear the silent sobs at night. At first he thought it was Liv crying because of some nightmare but it wasn't. He knew it was Hermione. For some reason, she was suffering and he was eager to find out why. He had a suspicion but it was absurd. For the time being, he was glad to have someone who felt just like him.

He sat down on his chair but his eyes never stopped threatening the young man. It wasn't something new and by now Mike was used to it.

"Uhm." Harry cleared his throat and all head turned towards him.

"Thank you everyone for gathering here on such short notice." He started and as always everyone was hanging to his every word. "Wizarding world is changing. We all know this. It may not be affecting us as much as the others here but we have all experienced the ripples of dark events. Cults forming, deaths, vandalism, kidnappings, and sacrifices. Not just them but mutilation as well. These are just the beginning."

"Beginning of what?" Arthur asked.

"Of something terrible coming our way. I have something important to tell all of you."

"Go on." Draco asked looking curious. 

"Five years ago, I was summoned to Headmistress' office." He said with a nod towards Minerva. " I was informed about another prophecy that had been made by Professor Trelawney."

"You gotta be kidding me." Ron exclaimed slumping down on the armchair.

"What is it this time? Is it about you?" Hermione asked alarmed.

"THE NEW BECOMES THE OLD. A BATTLE AWAKENS THE RISE OF WHAT WAS FORGOTTEN BY ALL. ONCE MORE, A CHILD IS THE KEY TO THE TALE. BORN TO THOSE FROWNED UPON BY HE WHO PREVAIL. NOT KNOWING THE FATHER, THE CHILD WILL BE BORN WHEN THE MOON HIDES BEHIND THE SUN. HE WHO HAD SEEN DEATH TWICE SHALL GUIDE THE CHOSEN ONE. DARKNESS WILL RISE AND IT WILL START THERE WHERE IT ALL BEGAN. BEWARE IF THIS ONCE THEY FAIL, HORRORS NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT WILL BEFALL. Thats the prophecy."

"So it does mean you." Ron said earning a scowl from his mother. "What! He is the only one who saw death twice."

"We looked for the supposed kid in Hogwarts since thats where the war took place and only found one kid who could be the kid in prophecy." Harry said , his eyes falling finally on Mike. He was avoiding eye contact with him for a while now.