Chapter 9

As the days go on it's getting closer to the day Arin wants a answer. I've started drinking a lot more to keep my nerves down but Normani has taken notice to it. She's questioned me a few times but I brush her off everytime. I can't tell her about anything that's going on. I'm currently pouring myself some D'Usse in a cup. I downed it and started to pour another when I heard feet coming into the kitchen. I filled it up then put it back in my liquor cabinet. I turned around to see Normani already looking at me.

" Drinking again" she sighed.

" Yeah and" i said taking a sip and putting the cup down.

" y/n what's going on" she said looking me in the eye.

" Ain't nothing going on. Wassup with you and thinking somethings wrong all the time can I not drink" i said looking at her with a small attitude.

" That's not what I meant and you know it... it's just-" she sighed. " You've been acting weird for the last two weeks almost and you haven't even spared me a glance really. Your phone rings and your gone. I don't know if it's something I did but I just wanted to apologize.. I'll be in my room tonight if you need me which I doubt you will anyway" she said walking away.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I opened them and looked at the cup thats in front of me. I went to the sink and poured it down the drain. I walked up the steps and went into my room to freshen up so I don't smell like straight alcohol. I put on some sweats and a tank top and walked out of my room. I walked to Normani's door and knocked on it. I didn't get a response so I opened it to see her sleeping. I walked in and closed the door. I walked over to the side of the bed and sat down. I lightly touched her and her eyes shot open. They were kinda red. I frowned knowing I caused this.

" I came to talk.. All you have to do is listen" i said. She sat up and I looked down at my hands.

" When I left Houston and said I had a meeting it was the truth but with who is where I lied. I had a meeting with someone who 'Owned' you before me. Arin Ray. I found out he was part of it but there's a third person I don't know who they are yet but I'm working on it. You ran away from Arin and went to your family. My father bought you from your family not him. He still owns you Normani" i said calmly.

" No no no I belong to you.. you signed the papers I belong to you now isn't that how it works" she said quickly.

" Yeah but not when both groups have signed a peace treaty.." i said looking up at her for the first time.

" Y/n"

" I'm running out of options her Normani. The reason my phone been going off so much was because I've had my best team go over everything to see if there's a way around it but there's not.. it's ether we break the treaty and have to deal with multiple groups trying to kill us or you go with him" i said.

" I put you in danger and I haven't even been here a full month already" she said shaking her head.

" My middle name is danger because that's all that follows me. You didn't bring this on me. He's been waiting for something to happen so he can threaten the treaty" i said.

" I don't want you to get hurt because of me" she said letting a tear drop.

" My life is filled with danger normani if I get hurt it's because of myself. Now I need to know what we're gonna do about this" i said.

" I can't believe I'm saying this but... I-I think you should give me back... if you got killed because of me by something that could've been avoided I wouldn't be able to live with myself" she said touching my face.

" No that is last option . I'm gonna keep working on trying to find a loop whole around this" i said cupping her cheek.

" Y/n it's f-"

" No it's not fine Normani it's not... Okay I-I can't let you go back not without a fight" i said dropping my hand and looking away from her.

" look at me.. Y/n please" she begged. I looked at her and held eye contact. " Arin is crazy y/n he has very powerful people behind him... I don't want it to go that way just give me back okay" she said giving me a sad smile.

" I'm sorry Normani" I said barley above a whisper.

" It's okay.. this is my fault" she said shaking her head.

I stood up and walked to the door and opened it.

" You coming" I said looking back at her.

I walked out the room and went into mines. I left the door open knowing she would be coming in. I laid on my side and waited. A few seconds later she came
In and closed the door. She got in the bed and cuddled into me.

After a few minutes I felt her breathing even out. I laid there just rubbing her arm as I thought of a way to try and trick him. I can't just let her go this easy there's gotta be something I can do.