The Plan

Demona and Sevarius had been working together for a long time, via having met when working with David Xanatos formally. Now, the two of them worked together by themselves.

Sevarius was a top biologist and geneticist. He had made clones and mutated humans, all for his own interests, and having been paid for them in the past. He was considered a great threat. He had even engineered a deadly virus for Demona at her request to destroy humans at one time.

Demona was quite an ancient gargoyle, or gargess, hence being a female gargoyle. One of only two that lived mainly in New York City. She had once been part of the Wyvern Clan a long time ago, a thousand plus years ago. Now she was on her own. She was a mother to the only other female in her ex-clan. She was smart and adapted to nearly anything. As the times had changed through the centuries, she had adapted to it all. She had managed to become immortal through making a deal with a human and three magical sisters. She even had the gift of being human in daylight, unlike the other gargoyles, who turned to stone, also thanks to another magical being too.

Demona was proud of all the things she had done in her life to get to where she was now, but she still wished her dream of eliminating all humans off the face of the Earth had come true, and it was because of her accursed ex-mate.

She had feelings of late that she wanted to be a new mother, but this time, for real; to raise a hatchling of her own. But, her ability to turn human during the day was a big risk for any pregnancy. The daily changes would more than likely cause a miscarriage. She had to think of something else, as well as what male would be the father of her child. Demona knew she didn't want Goliath to be the father, and Thailog was not an option either.

She went to Sevarius to tell him what she wanted. She was working with a man that could make anything possible with everything that he knew about in biology and genetics.

"Sevarius, since we had successfully cloned all the gargoyles once, I want to have something similar done again, but different this time. I want a full biological child of my own, and our breeding year is still years away. I want what was denied to me." Demona explained.

"Well, there might be a way to make that happen, Demona, way before the breeding year." Sevarius replied. "It's a long shot and never done before, but it is a chance. I would think that your daily changes back and forth from gargoyle to human and so forth would be too risky for you to carry a child. But, if you choose your male carefully, I could whip up something special in that would make the male carry your child for you, unless you want your daughter to carry?" the man explained.

"No. I don't want this forced on my daughter. I want to take a different route; to see if a gargoyle child can be born a different way than by egg breeding. It takes them too long to incubate and hatch. I am agreeable to it if you think this plan will work." Demona decreed with an evil smirk.

Sevarius had the go ahead to start this experiment. The thoughts were exciting to think about.

Demona thought carefully who she wanted the father to be of the child, and who the experiment would take place on.

Of course, not Goliath. She hated him too much.

Hudson was too old.

Broadway was almost the perfect size, but he was also Angela's new mate. He was also the clan's cook.

Lexington was way too small for her likes, although his smarts were nearly as good as hers.

Bronx was the clan's pet, so that was a no go too.

And then, there was Brooklyn. Demona remembered how he had almost come over to believing her about humans once. She knew that he hated her guts now, but it definitely gave her the idea. He was young and handsome. He also had exotic looks compared to the others, with his beaked face and horns. He was the leader of the Trio, and second in command, with no mate in sight. He also had a tough department in the love game. He was perfect to do this test on.

Demona also had a thought if her and Brooklyn's genes were mixed, there might be a chance to have a pure red gargoyle. With a possibility of the baby inheriting Brooklyn's red color more so, and her red hair, it might be something special, indeed.

She knew Brooklyn wouldn't like this idea, but she would make sure it happened, one way or another. Then, there was the luring him into a trap to nab him. It wasn't always so easy. She would find a way. Demona had made her choice.