Chapter 12

The banner was set up in the dining room. All the gifts were going to be put there, but the first few were there. Balloons were blown up to make the room look more fun. Special food would be made through the afternoon so it would be ready by evening. There would be punch to drink.

Even though the baby shower would be thrown by a bunch of girls for Brooklyn, the only one not truly invited was the real mother. Demona would still remain in the dungeon. She had been told nothing about it.

Demona wanted so much to have her freedom back, but she would be planning revenge if she got out. She would get her babies whether Brooklyn liked it or not. It would be better for the babies to be born, then she wouldn't have to take their father too when she got away at some point.

Her cell was as comfy as it could be at this point. Almost like a living room and bedroom combined. She got good food. Brooklyn had still not been down to see her after what she had done. He was in no moods to see her anytime soon.
................

When everyone woke up that evening, Goliath said, "Hudson, Broadway, Lexington, you are coming with me tonight. Broadway, you carry Bronx. Angela, you are staying behind with Brooklyn."

"Yes, Father." She knew why he had done it this way.

Brooklyn wondered why they were taking Bronx. They didn't have to take him. He wasn't any trouble, usually.

"You don't have to take him." Brooklyn said.

"No, we need him tonight on our mission." Hudson stated.

"Alright." Brooklyn sighed.

The other male gargoyles met up with Coldstone and all took off on their patrol. Brooklyn and Angela were left behind. Coldfire was there too, but elsewhere.

"So what do you want to do, Brooklyn?" Angela asked with a smile.

He smiled back at her. He liked it when she spent time with him alone, but they would just stay friends. He knew better than to start a war with Broadway over her, and he especially wouldn't in his condition. The right female would come along when the time was right.

"Probably do some more yoga breathing and more pregnancy reading." he replied, taking a deep breath.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Yeah. Just taking in the night air. It feels and smells so good." he said, enjoying the breeze. "I wish I could have gone on patrol too, and I can't be there."

"I'm sure they can manage without you and me there." Angela stated.

"Yeah."

"I'd like to see some of this yoga you speak of. Maybe it might come in handy when my own time comes to get pregnant." Angela suggested.

"That'd be nice. Doing it with someone else makes it fun too, but we should get some breakfast soon. I think the twins are hungry." he giggled, feeling a kick. He rubbed at his belly.

Angela couldn't help but marvel at what it felt like to be pregnant, but she wouldn't ever feel movement with her. She would have an egg to worry about instead. But, Angela knew that she had a plan to take her friend to the party tonight.

"How about breakfast first? Owen could surely fix us something up." she suggested.

His stomach growled and another kick. "Might as well." Brooklyn gave in.

"Can I feel my siblings first?" she asked.

"Sure." he replied. He let Angela feel the movements in his belly.

After feeling her baby siblings move, she said, "You're going to be an amazing father, Brooklyn." She smiled at him.

"Thanks, but I'm still worried about how I'm going to do without someone there to help me raise them." he said sadly. "I mean having my own love."