Chapter 10

The next night, Goliath visited Demona. "Why did you attack Brooklyn, Demona?" he demanded. "He carries your children."

"I know that, you fool! And I wasn't trying to attack him, just get him to come back with me!" she snarled back at him.

"Back when you kidnapped him months ago, you had traumatized him so much, of course he wasn't going to go back with you voluntarily." Goliath declared.

"I want my babies, Goliath. I will have them one day." Demona glared at him. "You don't understand what I feel. At least you have had a chance to be in Angela's life. I barely get to see her. I just want what's rightly mine."

"By hurting Brooklyn in the process to get them?" he demanded.

"If it means his death to get them in the end, yes!"

Goliath couldn't believe he was hearing this from her. This definitely meant that she couldn't be released.

...............

"I definitely don't want her to be released." Brooklyn snarled.

"We will keep her under lock and key." Xanatos said.

"Only this time, there won't be a band of deadly clones waiting for us in the end." Broadway declared.

That thought made them all shudder. They didn't need more deadly clones.

"Wait! What if your babies are actually clones, Brooklyn?" Angela asked.

"No! They're not!" Brooklyn held his stomach, defending his babies.

"Calm down, Brooklyn! We don't know that and we're not applying that they are." Lex stated.

"Just the mention of it, and I remember what Malibu did to me when he knocked me to the ground." Brooklyn remembered.

"We'll make sure nothing like that happens to you in this condition." Angela said. She put a hand on his shoulder, trying to offer comfort.

The clan tried to offer as much support as they could after what had happened.

.............

In the days to come, as Demona was imprisoned here in the castle now, she was given food and water, but she wasn't allowed out of her cell. Not that she would starve and die, but she was immortal. It was just the right gesture for a prisoner though.

Brooklyn never came to see her. He didn't want anything to do with her.

It was always Owen who brought her her nutritional needs.

..............

The clan continued with how things were arranged. One would stay behind with Brooklyn at the castle while the rest patrolled. Hudson stayed behind the most, along with Bronx, but sometimes, Bronx was brought along. He was young too.

Brooklyn sometimes felt like an invalid that he couldn't go out patrolling with his clan, but he had another service right now. He would protect the castle while still nurturing the lives inside him.

Things had definitely gotten more serious out there on the streets about the anti-gargoyle agenda from the Quarrymen and other gargoyle haters. Brooklyn would be in bigger trouble if they knew of his condition.

When it came to how he wore his loincloth lately, the belt had started sliding under the bulge of his rounding belly. He had to keep the belt loose though. But then, maybe it was about time he changed to something else, if just temporarily.

David recommended some larger men's wear in shorts at the very least. A kind of 'maternity' clothing. Fox helped to clarify it more too, but to make sure it was all men's clothing only.