Chapter 11

As his belly got bigger, Brooklyn felt it harder on his body to move around. His back bothered him a lot more. He was so weighted down that he couldn't bring himself to even glide anymore. His walking was turning more into a waddling. He had no idea what his friends were planning for him however.

One night, Fox saw how bad he was hurting to move, holding his back.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Oh, my back just really hurts." he replied.

"That'll happen at times." she said.

"I feel like a bloated buffalo." he complained.

"It's better to rest with your feet raised." Fox said, but then, something occurred to her. "I do know of a good massage therapist. She could help you relax more. You know, you have been under a lot of stress lately, Brooklyn."

"I know. I can't help it. But would she accept doing a massage on a gargoyle?" he asked.

"She's very good at what she does. She's done massage for pregnancy too. I'll help her understand, of course." Fox declared. "I'll let you know if she decides to meet you."

"Thanks." he said.

...............

Fox talked to the therapist. At first, she was a little shocked about what she was told that a pregnant gargoyle was in need of her healing, but she quickly changed her mind and said she would be glad to help. As it turned out, she was also one of the P.I.T. members too.

Her name was Dr. Jan Canbury.

Fox told Brooklyn that night that she could come by in a few nights to give him a massage. The payment was covered.

Brooklyn would be glad to get some relief from some of his pains. But taking warm baths or using a heating pad helped too with some of the pains as well. He was also getting stretch marks on his stomach, but they would be well worth it.

..............

A couple nights later, Dr. Canbury came to meet him for the first time.

The clan had been told about it. She offered to do the massage in Brooklyn's own room. He could leave his pants on. She, like most masseuses, did recommend getting naked and he already was, mainly.

Brooklyn wouldn't be able to lay on his stomach, but she would help him anyway. He could lay on his sides.

He laid on his bed and he watched her prepare herself. She would use an essential oil on him that she used on pregnant women, a lavender based one. The smell did seem relaxing to Brooklyn.

"I promise I'm not getting too personal or anything, Brooklyn. I'm just going to be working the kinks out of sore joints and such." she declared.

"I know." he said. "Should I expect anything?"

Jan began her massage on his right arm first. It felt good. She felt the tension in his arm. "Just start to let the tension go, Brooklyn. Try to relax." she coaxed.

He watched her do his arm and moved on to the other. Then she did a facial and head massage. He closed his eyes. Brooklyn sighed as he relaxed into it. Man, that was heavenly. Then, she moved down to his chest. She took care of where to touch him.

"Now, do you mind if I do your stomach?" she asked.

Brooklyn was so relaxed, but he opened his eyes. "Do you have to?" he asked.

"I know how to do gentle massages that I can assure you that even the babies will like. They'll even seem to melt into it. I was told you're having twins?" Jan said.