Broadway find out

As it turned out, a few nights turned into weeks instead. Brooklyn was so scared to tell the clan about the upcoming babies. Lexington was the only one that knew about them. Brooklyn made sure that Lex didn't tell the others.

Ever since his exam, Brooklyn's appetite seemed to be returning. After having gotten his information on what was wrong with him, and having gotten more information on what he could do to keep the nausea at bay more, he was eating crackers first thing in the evening and the anti-nausea medicine. But first thing after waking up, he would end up throwing up first anyway.

With the pain being greatly reduced and less trips to the bathroom, Brooklyn was feeling up to returning to patrol duties. He didn't want to be stuck here at the castle while he was still in the early stages. He wanted to be out and about while he still could. He would make sure to keep his stomach protected from enemies though.

Lex was worried about his red brother being out on patrol in his condition. He couldn't be alone. If he was ever captured, it would be more than his own life at risk. And there was a risk that Demona and Sevarius would come after him again.

There was also something else about Brooklyn that was changing. His skin seemed to be taking on a certain 'glow.' His mood was also improving too. He started appearing happier, excited to do more activities. He hadn't felt this happy in a long time. It was clear he had accepted what he was about to bring into the world.

The clan thought it was rather strange that Brooklyn was this happy, especially after the trauma he had gone through, but of course, they knew that life had to go on. Lex, Broadway, and Angela were thrilled to see him happy. He was also more playful as well.

Goliath was happy his second seemed to want to be out on patrol again. Hudson was glad he was feeling better.

Once his melancholy had gone away, the youngest ones had gone on the welcome back glide that they had planned. The medicine kept the nausea more in control so he felt like doing more things. His appetite was also growing too.

The clan could see that Brooklyn wanted to eat more food at dinner times. He began asking for seconds, and even thirds for food. It was unlike him. He would even combine certain foods that he normally wouldn't. That surprised the others, and even got them feeling disgusted with the food cravings he had.

One food he really had cravings for was pickles. But he ate the crackers still, and a lot of fruits. He kept a glass of water in his room to take with his vitamins every night.

Brooklyn had told the Xanatos family to not tell his clan of his condition. They had promised.

If there was one person that he could talk to from having gone through the experience that lived in the castle, it was Fox. She gave him some books to read on pregnancy. He was fascinated by it. If there was one thing he looked up was about movements.

"How soon do you think I will feel the babies move?" he asked Fox.

"I didn't feel Alex kick me until late in my fourth month. You might sooner since you are having twins." Fox declared. "But you really need to tell the clan soon. It's not a good idea for you to be fighting in your condition."

"I know. I've just been so afraid on how they'll take it." Brooklyn said.

"If I know them, they'll welcome some baby gargoyles." Fox smiled.

"I hope so." Brooklyn rubbed his belly.

................

As the weeks passed, right after he woke up and he would stretch his stiffened muscles, eventually, a small bump was starting to emerge in Brooklyn's lower stomach. He had made it to his third month.