Chapter 19

Brooklyn took off first, leading the way back to the castle. He looked back to make sure that Ziana was following him.

The clan would be returning from their patrols soon. It was still the middle of the night. They all carried monitor trackers now, as well as phones that they wore in their ears for talking and not getting in the way. It was just safety precautions.

Ziana was amazed that her father was leading her back to his home. And they had only known each other for only a few minutes.

Brooklyn called his clan back to the castle that he had found someone that they all should meet.

The clan responded and were headed back. Tonight had been pretty quiet anyway.

When Brooklyn and Ziana landed on the castle battlement, the girl had a look around. "Pretty amazing, Dad. Quite the place. But then, so is Nightstone Unlimited."

"Demona raised you all those years in that place?" Brooklyn asked.

"Yes."

"That place is no place for a child to grow up. Your mom didn't exactly treat me very well, or any of us. That's why we wouldn't allow her in the clan anymore." he explained.

"My mom treats me just fine, just so you know, Daddy." Ziana snapped.

Ziana definitely had some of her mom's inherited moods. She had been raised in the wrong environment in Brooklyn's eyes. If his daughter was choosing him over Demona, he would be pleased with that. Demona didn't deserve her.

The clan soon returned and they were surprised that there was a new gargoyle among them.

"Everyone, I'd like to introduce you to a daughter I didn't know I had for the last 30 years. This is Ziana." Brooklyn introduced her. "Ziana, this is Goliath, my leader, your uncles, Broadway and Lexington, Bronx, our pet, and your other siblings, Angela, Gabrielle, and Tony."

"Ziana, as a child of Brooklyn, you are welcome among us." Goliath said.

"Cool! I have a sister my age after all!" Gabrielle exclaimed. "I'm Gabrielle." She took her younger sister's hands in her own. She danced around with her.

Ziana found it disconcerting and let go. "Yeah, nice to meet you too, sis."

Paula and Elisa also came up to meet the newcomer. Ziana eyed them warily. They were older women now.

Both Gabby and Ziana were beaked daughters, and so easy to tell apart. And Demona was their mother. They were full biological sisters.

"I heard that my mother is also your mother too." Ziana said.

"No, my mom is right there. That's Paula." Gabby said.

Brooklyn had never told her. "No, Gabby. That's not true. I'm sorry we never told you. She's right. Her mom, Demona, is your birth mother."

Gabrielle was shocked. "Why? Why did you not tell me then? I'm not a small child anymore, Dad."

"I know. I didn't want you to know. I was ashamed of your mother." Brooklyn explained. "You see, she hurt me back then."

"What about me?" Tony asked.

"No. You have some other human for a mother. Her identity was never known." Brooklyn said to his son.

Things were getting so awkward now.

Gabrielle was at odds with her father right now. She flew off to be alone. He knew she was upset at him for lying all those years. She was his only pure gargoyle child. She seemed like the youngest now. Her human gargoyle siblings already seemed older than her, but still teens.