I'm WHAT?!

The clan knew that the Xanatos' and Brooklyn were coming home tonight. They hoped the time away had been doing Brooklyn some good. They should be home soon. The clan had missed him while he had been away for two weeks.

By midnight, the copter finally arrived.

Owen greeted his bosses. The clan was also out there because they wanted to see Brooklyn and how he was doing.

"Hi, Brooklyn. How are you doing?" Goliath greeted his second with a smile.

"I'm doing better. The time away did me some good." Brooklyn replied with a smile. He was happy to see them all again.

"Did ya have a good time, lad?" Hudson asked.

"Yeah. Much more peaceful out there when you aren't being attacked by bad guys." Brook stated.

Bronx came up and greeted him too. He smelled Brooklyn and noticed something different about his scent, but he wagged his tail and licked him anyway.

"Hi, boy. I missed you too." Brooklyn petted him.

"Do you think you feel like going on a welcome back glide with us later?" Lex asked.

"Sure, why not. My wings could use a good glide after being cooped in the copter for three hours." Brook replied.

"I'm fixing us dinner. Then we can go on that glide." Broadway declared happily.

The mention of food made the red one's smile turn into a frown for a moment. He didn't know how much he could tolerate food.

"What's wrong?" Angela asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just surprised me, but yeah, I would assume that would be part of the welcome back party too." Brooklyn tried to put on an act. He knew he would have to hide his stomach problem.

They all went inside to talk some more about what went on up there.

"How was Brooklyn really, Mr. Xanatos?" Owen asked as he watched the retreating gargoyles.

"He stopped being mad all the time, but I still have a feeling that he's hiding something. He had to go to the bathroom before we left." David said suspiciously.

"And gargoyles don't need to use the bathroom." Owen stated.

"Keep an eye on him. We know he went through a traumatizing time with Demona and Sevarius. I hope they don't plan on using him against us." David explained.

"If that's the case, I don't want him near Alex." Fox warned her husband.

"We'll keep an eye on him, Fox." David said.

...............

At dinner later on, there was a big assembly of food on the table and it was all for Brooklyn. Broadway and Owen had gone out of their way to make sure the dinner was spectacular.

Brooklyn had one glimpse of it and he liked the trimmings of all the food. It was like Thanksgiving. But he still worried if he would be able to keep it all down. He did feel his belly grumbling at the moment. Perhaps it would be best to eat lightly.

Everyone gathered as much food as their plates would hold. Brooklyn got smaller portions of the food. It all smelled good.

Brooklyn felt happy to be back with his clan, but was he really alright?

There were delightful conversations and such all around him. Even Elisa had shown up for the party to welcome him back. He was glad that they were all willing to show him a good time.

...............

Brooklyn had managed to eat all his dinner, but could he keep it down? When he was at these glorious parties and invited to join, he would usually eat a good portion, but tonight, he only had his first plate and that was it.