Kidnapped

The gargoyle clan was a force for good, no matter how bad things got. They just did their best to protect the city, despite everything going on for them, with the Quarrymen around and everything, which meant they had to be really careful, more than before.

Brooklyn had been feeling quite down these days. Everyone seemed to have someone but him in the clan. He had his job of second in command, but there really was nothing else special going on for him. He had hoped to win Angela's heart, just as he had tried with Maggie, but it wasn't meant to be. Angela had chosen Broadway instead, and Maggie had chosen Talon.

Lex was almost always babysitting baby Alex now, or playing with technology.

Broadway spent time with Angela when he wasn't cooking. They spent time in the library the most, or went out on dates when not on patrol. Brooklyn hated patrolling with them. It made him feel jealous.

Goliath had his human friend, Elisa as his new mate.

Hudson was the oldest and had been without a mate for so long and didn't want another. He had Bronx to hang with the most.

Even David had Fox. And Owen also watched Alex too.

Sometimes, Brooklyn thought about leaving the clan, but surely, he would find a mate of his own someday, when the time was right. He was so lonely. The clan was so small and it needed some new blood in it. And the only other female around was his most hated rival, Demona. There was no way he would ever go to her. He would never trust her again after she had used and betrayed him.

The clan had one of its rare nights off to do nothing but what they wished to do with themselves. But Brooklyn just wasn't finding much pleasure in finding something to do to enjoy himself.

With little to do, he decided to take a glide around the city to just stretch his wings and get some air. He wouldn't pass up protecting the humans either if it came to it. Little did he know that he was being watched. They had been watching for him for several nights...

He flew closer to the lower buildings to hear of anything happening, and it wasn't long before he began to hear a woman screaming. He wasn't about to let this lady be harmed. He went to where his ears led him.

A blonde lady had run into a dead end alley, and there were several men ganging up on her, wanting to take her purse, and to hurt her.

"No! Don't hurt me!" she cried out in terror.

Brooklyn was watching from up above and didn't like what he saw. He landed behind them. "You should do as the lady said." he stated.

"Mind your own business, freak!" one of the gang shouted back.

"That's it!" Brooklyn snapped, and flared his eyes white and let out a roar. He held his wings ready too.

When they saw they had a gargoyle behind them, most of the punks took off. But one tried to charge Brooklyn, and he grabbed the man and threw him into a bunch of garbage cans, which then made him take off down the alley.

Brooklyn let his eyes return to normal. "That was too easy." he said before turning to the lady behind him.

"Are you alright, ma'am?" he asked gently.

She was sitting on the ground and there was this red demon asking if she was alright. "No! Stay away from me!" she shouted in fear.

"I won't hurt you. You're alright now." Brooklyn said gently, trying his best to not look intimidating. He tried reaching a hand out to her.

"Stay away!" she shouted again and slapped him with her purse, and ran up the alley.

He ducked his head away and she had struck his shoulder. Humans. But, just as she ran past the entrance, there was an exclamation, "Get the monster!"