Chapter 13

The rest of the week was so disheartening. They would go out and look every night, and nothing would turn up. Brooklyn wasn't allowed to leave the castle.

Owen finally woke up and would be allowed to come home soon.

David was finally called into his secret society, the Illuminati. He had found out where the missing three gargoyles were. They were being subjected to horrendous tests like lab rats.

The head of the society had finally brainwashed Goliath enough to nail a President that lived across the ocean that was coming for a peaceful speech at the United Nations.

Xanatos was finally able to rescue Lex and Broadway from their cells. They had to hurry up and stop Goliath before he did something awful.

In the end, Goliath was stopped, and the evil Illuminati's plan didn't work out to harm the President Packs.

The clan was glad to be reunited that night. Brooklyn had really begun to worry if he would have to step up and be leader again. But he wasn't in any shape to lead at the moment.

The nursery had still needed setting up, but it could still take a back seat for the moment. The clan's safety was more important at the moment.

Lex, Broadway, and Goliath were allowed to get something to eat, as they didn't have anything all week. Broadway was the most hungry and he was happy to have Angela to come home to. She was thrilled he was back.

"It was definitely good you weren't with us, Brooklyn. Who knows what they would have done to you knowing you were pregnant." Lex exclaimed.

"I'm glad I wasn't, but I'm glad you are all back. I had to babysit Alex by myself a couple of times because Owen was in the hospital. Demona escaped the night that you all went missing." Brooklyn explained.

"How did she escape?" Goliath demanded.

"Apparently, she picked the lock with a fork she had saved." Brooklyn replied. "Owen comes home later today, I heard."

"All we can do is start over tomorrow night in our relationship with the humans." Goliath declared.

...............

More trouble continued in the city with the Quarrymen numbers continuing to pile up. There was more anti-gargoyle propaganda than they all liked to hear.

As time was moving on and the due date was getting nearer, Brooklyn was still worried for the sake of his children. Would they even be safe living in this city? They would be targets for their enemies. But Brooklyn would never dream of taking their lives, no matter who their mother was, or how they came into being. Their clan desperately needed new life in it.

The Christmas season was soon in full swing in the city despite all the worries. This year, the holiday meant a little something more for Brooklyn because of his babies on the way.

The new cribs and nursery had been set up by now. The room had been chosen for them at a later date in time, but for now, they were going to be in their father's room.

Dr. Trowsky came and did another ultrasound. The twins were doing fine, but still not ready to live in the outside world. Brooklyn was at his 30th week now.

He began to want to clean and make sure the castle was clean enough to meet the babies' standards for their birth. It was just nesting instincts taking over, but he couldn't be putting that kind of stress on his back at this stage.

"Brooklyn, your blood pressure is a little raised. That raises concern for me. I know you don't want to think about going on bed rest, but with you having twins that weren't meant to be born this way, you might need to consider it carefully." Dr. Trowsky warned him.