Chapter 15

The next night, Brooklyn awoke for the first time feeling much lighter in his stomach. The painkillers were now out of his system. He felt much better, but still a little tender in his lower stomach. He stood up out of his bed and he felt he could stand without help, but his legs were a little weak from not being used much lately. He also released his hair out of the bun from the previous night.

He walked over to the bassinets and saw the twins were now awake too. They cooed up at their father. He smiled and picked them both up.

The doctors came by to see the babies and how they were doing tonight.

"They seem to both be alright." Trowsky said. "Even though we have never seen newborn gargoyles before."

"You have now." Brooklyn smiled. "I'd like to thank you for all your help, Dr. Trowsky and Paula."

"You're quite welcome, Brooklyn. I want to see them again in six weeks. For now, I want to examine you to just see how you are faring since last night."

Brooklyn had to put the babies back down again. Paula examined them while Trowsky examined the father.

Trowsky pressed on Brooklyn's stomach, seeing there were no stitches there. Brooklyn winced.

"Still tender there?"

"Yes, but one more night of stone sleep will heal it entirely." Brook said.

The twins were just fine. The clan soon came to see them again. They got to see the red male on his feet again, finally. But he still wasn't ready for patrol just yet.

Brooklyn had always been a skinny one, but he had gained some pounds over his pregnancy. He had some weight ahead of him to lose. With a proper diet and exercise, surely he would be back to himself in no time. Now, he didn't have to worry about being hit in the stomach being as much a big deal, even though that always hurt.

Gabby and Tony were fed again. This was their first full night of not being in their father's belly anymore.

"How are you feeling, Brooklyn?" Goliath asked.

"Awesome. I feel great to be back on my own feet again. My belly's still a little tender, but fine. I'm glad I had the surgery to finally get them out. I feel a lot lighter and no weight in my middle. I can't wait to get out there and glide again. My wings sure could use it." Brooklyn explained.

"You still need some time to recuperate some more before you go off and do any fighting." Trowsky declared in front of the clan. "You've been in bed so long that some of those muscles need time to heal and get stronger first. I would suggest at least a few extra weeks of getting stronger before any fights take place."

"I can see to it that it happens, Doctor." Goliath agreed to the policy. He wanted Brooklyn out there again, but he still wasn't strong enough. Even running into Demona could cause trouble for him at this time. He needed to get his strength back.

Now that Brooklyn was doing better, tonight there would be a clan patrol. Someone would still stay behind to help Brooklyn with the twins. As the big sister, Angela stayed behind to help tonight. The rest went on a much needed patrol.

But while Angela watched the twins for a time, Brooklyn went to the high tower to just take a glide and stretch his wings again around the castle. He hadn't been able to do so in so long, he needed to do it. It was so fun and so free feeling.

The wind felt so good beneath his wings again, but the muscles were once again, rather weak. He hadn't done it in so long. Yep, he had a lot of strength to get back to be able to patrol again, but he would really start exercising too to lose this weight. He had already lost a bunch of weight last night.