Chapter 17

Brooklyn and Paula were proud of being married, even though they were a gargoyle and a human. Paula still worked for Dr. Trowsky as a vet. Now that she lived at the castle, she was also the gargoyles' doctor too when they got injured. Her boss would come for the more serious stuff and often checked in with her.

Paula worked afternoons and early evenings at her job. That way she could spend some time with her husband and children before bedtime. And Brooklyn patrolled in the early evenings, if he was assigned to it.

Brooklyn had originally wanted a gargoyle mate, but it was so far away to go looking for a mate in another clan. But he had been willing to settle for even a human woman who accepted him for being who and what he was. Paula did at that.

One night, the two of them were just sitting by the fireplace in the library, enjoying each other's company. "Remember our wedding day?" Paula asked Brooklyn.

"How could I forget? It was the best day of our lives." he smiled in reply and kissed her.

Flashback

They both were nervous wrecks that night, but excited for it. They had been engaged for a year, but had gotten to know each other for a year too.

Paula had gotten a bridal shower the night before from all her female friends, while Brooklyn had a bachelor party from all his male friends.

Fox had helped Paula pick out her wedding dress a month prior and paid for it. She never could have afforded it on her own. Her parents had passed away when she was in her early 20s, and being an only child meant that her marriage to Brooklyn wasn't going to have parental problems. She was glad that he had a somewhat big family to support him. She wanted a big family. Fox also helped out Angela with a special dress as well.

David had specially ordered a tux for Brooklyn for his wedding. One that supported the wing holes in the back of it. There were other special tuxes for the male gargoyles as well.

The clan used to not make such big deals about mating ceremonies, but since Brooklyn was marrying a human, he was respecting the human part of tradition for his girl. He had seen many human weddings on TV, and longed for it to be him. Now it was.

Goliath was his Best Man. Elisa was Paula's Maid of Honor. They were having a more ordinary minister. Broadway and Angela would be holding Gabby and Tony during the ceremony.

The Great Hall had been gorgeously decorated for the wedding. The date was June 15th.

Elisa's family came. The mutates and some Labyrinth people came. Dr. Trowsky was there. Matt Bluestone came too. It was a reasonable amount of guests. There was definitely a huge cake for them all, among the other food there.

Brooklyn felt like he was sweating while waiting. "It's going to be alright, Brooklyn." Goliath tried to help him relax.

"I'm trying. This is just such a big occasion." Brook replied.

Then, the music started for the bride. Everyone stood up for Paula.

Brooklyn was enthralled by how she looked in her wedding dress. Hudson was walking her down the aisle, as she had no father or brother to do so. He gave a huge smile to her. All that mattered should have been them two. She smiled back at him.

Her hair was done up in a bun that also had her veil on it. Her dress was at the ankles instead of something that dragged. She had a big bouquet of flowers in her hand while she held onto Hudson.

When they got to the end of the aisle, Hudson handed her off to Brooklyn. Goliath and Elisa stood off to either side of them, Elisa taking her flowers.