Chapter 9: Takodana

Y/N's P.O.V

After catching up to Rey, she and I were standing outside of the Falcon staring at Maz's castle and the lake in front of us. 

Rey: Wow, I've never seen anything like it. Have you ever been here before?

Y/N: Yeah, the first time I came here I was thirteen with my uncle and my older brother. 

Rey looked at me slightly shocked.

Rey: You have a brother? 

Y/N: Yeah, he's three years older than me.

Rey: Where is he now?

I looked down at the ground.

Y/N: I don't know.

There was a moment of silence between us, I then turn to her. 

Y/N: Hey, so I just want to apologise for not telling you about me being a Jedi. I just didn't make the target that's currently on your back any bigger than it already is. I know it's not the best excuse, but it's the best I've got. 

Rey: It's okay, after hearing your story I understand why you wanted to keep it to yourself. I know I didn't say it before, but I'm sorry what happened to your Master.

Y/N: Thanks, and thanks for being so understanding. 

Rey looks at the ground with slightly red cheeks.

Rey: It's no problem. 

After another moment of silence Rey asks me something.

Rey: So, can I ask you something?

Y/N: Sure, what is it?

Rey: Well, you've shown off your lightsaber, so I was wondering if you could show me the force? I mean you don't have to if you don't want, I'm just curious.

I smile at her.

Y/N: Yeah sure, I can show you.

I look around for a minute, I then point to some pebbles on the ground near the lake. 

Y/N: Okay, you see those pebbles over there?

She nods in response.

Y/N: Okay, watch this.

I use the force to pick up the pebbles, I then force pull them over so Rey can get a better look.

Rey: Wow, it's incredible. 

She then taps one of the pebbles and it move slightly. 

Rey: So, how does the force work exactly?

Y/N: Well, it's sort of like an energy field, it connects all living beings in the universe and it binds the galaxy together. That's how it was explained to me.

Rey: So, how do you do it?

Y/N: Well, when it comes to this technique, I just picture lifting the object in my mind. Though depending on the object it can be harder to lift. But lifting pebbles is easy given how light they are.

I then drop the pebbles on the ground.

Rey and I turn to see dad exiting the Falcon. He comes over and stands on the other side of Rey and hands her a blaster.

Han: Here.

Rey takes the blaster from him and aims it off into the distance.

Han: You know how to use one of those?

Rey: Yeah, you pull the trigger.

I then put my hand on the blaster and lower it.

Y/N: Yeah, there's a bit more to it than that. You've still got a lot to learn.

I see dad look at Rey for a moment.

Han: So, you got a name?

Rey then looks in dad's direction.

Rey: Rey, Rey Solana.

Dad looks out towards the lake.

Han: Well Rey, I'm thinking of bringing aboard a second mate, someone who can keep up with me and Chewie and appreciates the Falcon.

I see Rey get excited by this.

Rey: You're offering me a job aren't you?

Han; I'm thinking about it.

Rey stands there for a moment.

Rey: Well, if you were then I'd be flattered, but I need to get back home.

Han: Where, Jakku?

Rey: I've already been away for far too long.

Dad nods at her.

Han: Chewie, look over the Falcon for any damage we'll be back soon.

After dad walks off, I then walk over to Rey.

Y/N: You know, it's a shame you didn't say yes because I think Chewie kinda likes you.

She smiles at me and we then follow dad along with Finn.