Chapter 13: The Death of Han Solo

Y/N's P.O.V

After wandering around with Rey and dodging stormtroopers we turn a corner and run into dad, Finn and Chewie.

As soon as dad saw us he walked over and hugged me quickly and pulled away.

Han: Hey, you two okay?

We both nod.

Han: Okay, good.

He walks away to keep an eye out.

Finn: Hey did he hurt you guys?

Rey: Finn, what are you doing here?

Chewbacca: (Growls.)

Finn turn to look at Chewie.

Finn: What'd he say?

Y/N: He said it was your idea.

Rey, Finn and I had a group hug.

Finn: How'd you guys get away?

Y/N: We used the force.

Rey: Yeah, you wouldn't believe it.

Han: Escape now. Hug later.

We all nod and head to the exit.

Once we get top side we see the fighter battle going on above us. I turn to see that Rey is freezing which is no surprise given the planet we're on.

I take off my jacket and pass it to her.

Y/N: Here. You need this more than I do.

She smiles and puts it on then kisses me on the cheek.

Rey: Thanks.

I nod.

Han: They're in trouble. We can't leave yet. My friend has a bag full of explosives, let's use 'em.

Rey and I decide that we need to go to a control room so we can open the doors for dad, Finn and Chewie so they can get to a place that will do the most damage to the oscillator.

Luckily we find a speeder that can take us straight there.

(Ten minutes later)

After dealing with some stormtroopers chasing us on another speeder we finally make it a control room, we then open up a control panel as see what’s inside.

Y/N: Well, this looks like the right place.

Rey: Yeah, but which one do you think it is?

She and I take a closer look and I see something sticking out on the side.

I point to it out to Rey.

Y/N: That right there. We pull that out and the doors will open for them.

Rey nods and pulls out the object out of its place.

Rey: (Smiling) Wow smart and good looking. You really are the full package.

I smile and lean in and peck her on the lips.

Y/N: I don't know if I'd say smart but I'll take the complaint.

We both laugh.

Y/N: Come on, let's get back to the other's and get the fuck outta here.

She nods and we run back to the speeder.

Han's P.O.V

After Chewie, Finn and I separate to set the charges I see my son, Ben walking down the catwalk.

In that moment I remember that Leia asked me to bring both of our son's home. So that's what I'm gonna do, or I'm gonna die trying.

Han: BEN!

He stops in his tracks after hearing my voice. He then turns to face me.

Kylo Ren: Han Solo. I've been waiting for this day for a long time now.

Han: Take off that mask. You don't need it.

Kylo Ren: What do you think you'll see if I do?

Han: The face of my son.

I walk further up the catwalk and as I do Ben the takes off his mask.

Kylo Ren: Your son is gone. He was weak and foolish like his father and brother. So I destroyed him.

Han: That's what Snoke wants you to believe. But it's not true, and you know it. My son is alive.

Kylo Ren: No. The Supreme Leader is wise.

Han: Snoke is using you for your power. Once he gets what he wants he'll crush you. You knows it's true.

Kylo Ren: It's too late.

Han: No it's not. Leave here with me. Come home. We miss you all of us.

Kylo Ren: I feel like I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do, I just don't know if I have the strength to do it.

Y/N's P.O.V

Rey and I walk in to see dad talking to Ben on the catwalk and even from all the way up here I can feel Ben's emotions and that he's contemplating on what to do. Which makes me believe that Ben is still in there somewhere.

After what seemed like an eternity of talking I see dad reach out to Ben. Then I see a red lightsaber blade go through dad's chest and out his back.

I hear Chewie's roar.

Y/N & Rey: No!!!

I feel the tears flowing down my face as I see my dad's body fall down to the bottomless pit below.

Everyone starts firing their guns after Chewie hits Ben with his bowcaster.

In that moment when I see Ben walking up the catwalk all I want to do is kill him for what he did.

But I can feel Rey grabbing my arm and pulling me back.

Y/N: I'm gonna kill him! I'm gonna fucking kill him!

Rey: No, you can't! We have to go! Now!

I realise that she's right and we head back out to see if we can find a way of the planet before it blows. Or to at least catch up to Finn and Chewie.