8.

BASHAR JACKSON

BASHAR JACKSON

watching as Rylan snored on my chest, i ran my fingers through her hair, massaging her head a little as she slept peacefully.

"What the fuck happened to you, Mama.. who touched you, man" i sighed. "you know i'll always protect you. you'll always be to the left of me, Babygirl. i promise you"

feeling her shaking a little and putting her hand into a fist on my chest, i rubbed her shoulder and kissed her head.

"I'm right here. i'll always be here, Ry"

after a minute or two, she finally relaxed again.

her eyes slowly opened and once they adjusted to the light, she looked up at me.

"Good morning, Pretty" i pushed her hair behind her ear. "you good?"

"Yes" she sighed, laying her head back on my chest and hugging me closer to her.

"i'm not going anywhere. loosen up, baby"

her phone began to ring making her head pop up and i furrowed my eyebrows watching her go get it.

"Mhm.. yea i know. i'll be back on monday" she bit at her nails as she spoke on the phone. "a friend"

getting out of bed, i walked over to her and she sighed into the phone.

"just a friend. i love you too.." she mumbled the last part before hanging up.

"who was that?"

"nobod-"

seeing the contact name appear, my face went cold.

"Come on. i'm coming back to florida with you-"

"pop no! it wasn't him! he just called and asked where i was at. i haven't been answering him all week" she grabbed my hand. "please just.. calm down okay?"

"you want me to calm down when you jumpin' in your sleep and pushing me away acting all scared of me? hell naw! I'm done asking, Rylan. who the fuck did shit to you"