57.

BASHAR JACKSON

BASHAR JACKSON

"You just had to cry, huh?" i sighed, picking Aliyanna up as she sniffled, digging her head in the crook of my neck. "you tired?"

"Movie!"

"no baby. mama gotta get some work done and so do i. it's bedtime, okay?" i walked into the room she was staying in, laying her on the bed.

"sleep with you and mama!" she reached for me.

"No baby. your a big girl right? you need to sleep by yourself" i kissed her head and she crossed her arms. "i gave you that damn mug so don't even start it"

"daddy.." she sniffled and i shook my head.

"how about this. you go to sleep and i'll get you some ice cream tomorrow"

"movie?" i chuckled and nodded.

"and a movie, baby" she smiled and nodded quickly, putting her arms out. "okay. so we have a deal?" i hugged her and she giggled.

"yea!" she kissed my cheek and laid back on the bed, pulling the covers up.

"i love you, princess. me and mommy will be right next door, okay?" she nodded.

"wuv you, dada" she smiled and i did too, kissing her cheek before turning the light off and leaving the room, cracking the door behind me.

hearing sobs in the other room, i furrowed my eyebrows and ran to the room, seeing rylan crying in her hands making my face soften as i walked to her, sitting down next to her and pulling her into a hug.

"what happened? why are you all over the place, baby? why are your papers on the floor and-"

"just stop!" she cried in my chest, leaning against me. "please.. just be here.."

"Baby" i rubbed her back as she cried. "your worrying me"

her voice started to shake and i furrowed my eyebrows, hearing her start to hyperventilate.

"shit, Ry. what the fuck man" i went into the kitchen and got a glass of water, sitting next to her and rubbing her back as she sniffled, sipping the water.

you have no idea how bad her panic attacks scare me..

because i know they scare her and as a boyfriend you should never want your girlfriend to be scared or feel threatened ever.

i just wanna protect her and aliyanna.

she handed me her phone as she continued to cry, her hand shaking infront of me.  

as i read the text, my anger grew more and more by the second. somebody sent her this? why her and not me..

"i-if we stayed home.. we would've been dead by now!" she looked up at me. "i wouldn't have known.. a-and i wouldn't be able to protect her!"

"they don't know where we are. relax" she shook her head.

"relax?! their at our HOUSE, shar! they know were gone and they know we know their coming! it's not safe!"

"baby i'll get body guards-"

"no! it's not safe for her, shar.. you know it isn't"

"Ry we both work in new york. we can't just run from it"

"you'd rather aliyanna get hurt then stay away from the situation?"

"that's not what i said-"

"but you said it" she wiped her eyes and got off the couch, heading into our room and shutting the door behind her.

i sighed as i rubbed my face up and down, staring at the view of the water behind our villa.

"i needa' fuckin' drink"

-

"DA!" i heard aliyanna crying making me sigh as i got up and went into her room, seeing she was on the bed with her knees to her chest trembling.

"What's wrong, Princess? i'm right here" i picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck, crying as she pointed.

looking over, i saw an outline of a man at the other doc next to ours, he was staring right at us but moved once i made eye contact.

"shit.." i mumbled, closing the curtains again. "did you open these?"

"i-i-"

"what's going on?" rylan walked in and walked to us, taking aliyanna out of my arms. "you okay, baby?"

"ry i need you to go into our closet and lift the carpet up, okay? you'll know when you see it but i don't want you to come out of there till i tell you to, understand?" i grabbed her arm and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"pop what's happeni-"

"just go!"

"okay till you tell me what's going on, i won't leave you!"

that's when we heard a window break and my heart stopped, reaching for me hip instantly pulling my gun out. 

"Go. now" she walked past me and into our room as i blocked her till she shut the door, beginning to look everywhere they could've came from.

"it's funny" i heard a voice chuckle as the footsteps got closer. "that little one of yours, she's very smart, Bashar. i won't hold you to that one"

"leave her alone. she's not even 2!"

"Neither is my son. who will happily take her hand in marriage in the future" hearing a door shut, i pointed my gun and let off a shot to it, leaving a hole in the door. "you owe me something, Pop. and your gonna pay your fine with your daughter"

"over my dead body"

he just chuckled, his voice slowly fading as people started to come from all doors in the house, except for my bedroom.

fuck.

i won't win this..

there's too many of them..

but if dying in the process means that my daughter and future fiancé will be safe, i won't hesitate to protect them.