11.

BASHAR JACKSON

BASHAR JACKSON

"wait so just so i'm clear.. you think my dad had somebody touch ry? why would you even think-"

"she told me. she told me how he had gotten mad at her because he didn't like me and she refused to move away. she said one night he was fucked up and had one of his friends rape her. he just watched that shit, man. he let it happen" her eyes widened.

"what..? when?"

"after she went to Florida with y'all mom. i found out because when we was touching on each other and shit, she got scared. also she be shaking in her sleep all the time" she frowned.

"so are y'all together again?" i shook my head.

"nah. i'm tryna fuck wit her again but she's being hesitant.. not that i blame her cause i did cheat on her but we went on a date type thing two weeks ago. so ion even know where we stand"

"well.. i know where my dad stays at but it might be a little hard to get to him. he still surrounds himself with gang members and i don't feel comfortable sending you to yo' death bed, Shar" she crossed her arms.

"i'll bring people if it'll make you feel better" she stared at me. "what? i needa' handle him. that shit ain't okay, Anjola. you know that"

"i do.. but my dad? it doesn't even sound like something he'd do.." she sighed. "Okay i'll tell you but please don't go alone. i don't want you to get hurt. even though you cheated on my baby sister, your still like family to us. i don't wanna see you got shot or sum onna' news, Bashar. you hear me?" i nodded and she stood up. "come with me"

Anjola and Rylan look so different. you wouldn't even know they was sisters tbh 😭. i ain't know till i came over the house and she was laid up on the couch watching a movie.

"these contacts?" i questioned at her eyes.

"yes now don't touch my lashes" she swatted my hand away and went into her office room, opening a file cabinet drawer. "here's everything about the house lay out and shit. just to be safe" she handed me the folder making me raise an eyebrow. "what? ima detective. thought you knew this"

"you deadass went through school for it? i thought you was playin'."

"yea i did. one of the best ones in the system now. but i-"