12.

BASHAR JACKSON

BASHAR JACKSON

"y'all called Rylan?! why the fuck-"

and just like that, the door opened and she came through with a tear stained face.

"Why wouldn't y'all tell me he was awake?!" she mugged everybody. "where did he- Shit, Pop" she looked at my now bandaged arm.

"Y'all want a minute?" Rah questioned and i nodded.

once they were all out the room, i looked back over at her seeing she had her head in her hands rubbing her face up and down, sitting on the chair.

"Ry-"

"no! don't even say anything, Bashar. i told you to let it go! why the fuck would you even do that" she shook her head. "I knew this was gonna happen and it could've been so much worse! your lucky your alive!"

"yo' dad had that shit coming, Rylan" i waved her off. "why you in here if you just wanna argue? ain't even ask if i'm feeling good"

"boy i should slap you. deadass you piss me the fuck off"

"then go home" i grabbed my phone but she took it out my hands. "You got two seconds to give me my shit back before i grip yo' ass up and take it back"

"Not till you tell me why the fuck you thought it would be a good idea to try and kill my dad, Bashar"

"we wasn't finna kill him. i was finna hurt him to make sure he knew who the fuck not to play wit, Rylan. there's a difference"

"really? because i don't fucking see it! you need to mind your own goddamn business! get the fuck outta mine" she mugged me.

i chuckled and shook my head. "You wanna know why the fuck i did it? because you didn't. you never fight your goddamn battles, Rylan. all you do is let them take you over! it's always been me fighting them for you because your scared of hurting somebody. even if they hurt you first"

"so yea, i went and shot your father. because i needed to protect you. i needed you to know that as long as i'm around, nobody and nothing will ever be able to hurt you. and that's the fucking truth"

silence fell over the room and i sighed, rubbing my face.

"Just go the fuck home, Rylan. i ain't finna sit here and argue with you"