angst ━ ' , to bask in the rain , ' ━ xingqiu x chongyun (2/2)

(A/N: The second part is here! This is going to be shorter than the last one but still pretty long. Also, there's a little announcement at the end.)

Xingqiu's POV

"Young Master, your father is calling you." A lady in a maid outfit says strictly as she peeks in the door, bowing.

"Alright. Tell him I'll be there in a minute." I say as I sigh and then wave my hands.

"Understood." She bows and then leaves. 

"Ugh." I groan. This is honestly just the worst. High expectations and high hopes placed onto me. It's just making me feel pressured and worse. And the most terrible thing is... it's been 5 months and... no contact of Chongyun. 

I grab my phone and open it. I then proceed to look at the previous messages and conversations I had with Chongyun. It was all in blue. Full of me saying sorry and having missed calls. When before, it was filled with colorful emojis and stickers but now... just a cold and silent chat.

I lay my head on the table and stretch out my arms with my right hand holding my phone. I wonder if he's doing alright. I really hope so. It's been quite a long time since we've last talked. When I had left him... it was a really bad memory.

I just stepped out of the roof's entrance and left. The truth is, I looked back on him. I looked back at his direction. Seeing him collapsed on the ground... just made me want to quit at this family business and hug him then and there. But I can't.

Speaking of, I probably should head down already. I stand up from my seat and then get out of the entrance. I walk through the hallways while looking around. It was all very plain and cliche. Just normal pristine-white walls with paintings sometimes hanged on it. Seeing it is making me roll my eyes.

I walk towards the stairs and head down. To my surprise, they were all gathered at the dining table waiting for me. I bow, and then take a seat shortly after.

"As you know, you're the next leader of this household. This clan. I expect that you would study well and do great." My father strictly says with a very angry tone in his voice. 

"Of course. I would never be a disappointment in this prestigious family." I say, smiling. I see my father smile back at me as well, looking very proud at my statement. Even though I just said what he wanted to hear. I honestly have no idea how this is going to play out but, in these 5 months, things have been going quite well.