Part 8

(Y/n) P.O.V.

Thor and I meet the others back on the ground. I'm thankful to see them all in good shape after the crash. "What's the story upstairs?" Steve asks at our approach. "The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor answers.

"Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys." I hear Tony's voice over the multiple devices. "How do we do this?"

"As a team." Steve responds, ever the supportive one. "I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor announces. "Don't we all." I grumble as my copy says, "Yeah, get in line."

"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us." Banner then comes up to us on yet another Midgard vehicle. "So, this all seems horrible." He says.

"I've seen worse."

"Sorry."

"No. We could use a little worse."

Steve speaks into his ear device for long distance speaking. "Stark? We got him."

"Banner?"

"Just like you said."

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." My body tenses up, holding my bow up defensively. The small moment between Tony's warning and his approach is not enough as I see the threatening Chitauri leviathan ship following him. Compared to it, the lot of us are very insignificant.

"I don't see how that's a party..." Natasha says, voicing my thoughts. Banner takes a step forward, then looks at Steve. "Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

"That's my secret, Captain." Banner takes a few stops in front of the group. "I'm always angry."

Banner's body starts to swell, green and enlarging. Never have I seen something like this, and I doubt I will again. I am absolutely in shock as all he does is swing at it's front, and successful brings the ship down. My jaw drops. "Fantastic! Amazingly effective." I exclaim. My amazement is broken by Natashas voice. "Guys." More Chitauri ships come from the space rip. "Call it, Cap."

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, (Y/n) , I want you on the rooftops, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or your turn it to ash." I nod in acceptance, while Barton gets lifted by Stark. In yet another heat of the moment pressure, I am able to make a wave of snow that lifts me nearly next to Clint. "Now seems a good a time as any to test our skill." I tell him with a smirk, already firing an arrow at one of the chariots.

"Friendly competition in the middle of battle?" He asks, starts to launch arrows himself. "Is that not your proper battle custom?" He looks at me, and still shoots and arrow at a Chitauri soldier. Without looking, he still makes target. "Do I win yet?"

"Admittedly impressive, but you still have not seen my best." He scowls, but I can tell it's in good nature, before talking to the ear device. "Stark. You got a lot of strings sticking to your tail."

"Just try and keep them off the streets."

"Well, they can't bank worth a damn. Find a tight corner."

Stark makes his way into our view with, yet again, more Chitauri behind him. I line up the shot, and look over at Clint. "I have a fun trick with this arrow." I say, acting like an excited child.

"So do I."

We both fire. The arrows hit the chariots with perfect accuracy. Ice and fire unleashes itself onto the riders in an almost beautiful way. I would have thought it that way if the amount of destruction wasn't a factor. However, it does get rid of the Chitauri. "Nice trick." We both say. Maybe this is what I should realize about the destruction I've caused. Had it not been me, much worse would have happened. Still, I must do my best to keep it to a minimum.