Meet You There

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing and glanced over at Michael to make sure he was still asleep before slowly slipping out of bed to make my way into the hallway. Who the hell would call me this early in the morning? Whoever it was, was about to see a side to me that wasn't pretty.

"Hello?" I whispered as I tiptoed down the hallway, not recognizing the number.

"Hey, it's me.."

In that moment I knew exactly who it was. John. My throat suddenly closed up as butterflies made their course through my stomach. He called, he actually called me.

"Hi!" I said a little more enthusiastic than I had meant. "What are you up to?" I asked biting my thumb. I was so giddy and nervous around him and no matter what I couldn't control it.

"Not much of anything.. I was just wondering if you wanted to catch up today? You did tell me to call remember?" He chuckled and I looked behind me back towards the door to make sure Michael wasnt listening. This was a bad idea but I really did miss his friendship.

"I remember.. and yeah that would be perfect. I have to go into the studio today for a little bit though so meet me there?" I asked, once again looking behind me. Why did I feel the need to hide this?

"Perfect.. I really can't wait to see you again Katy.." I heard him say with such sincerity in his voice it melted me.

"You too, and-"

"Katy.." I heard Michael mumble behind me causing me to jump. I turned around to see him rubbing his eyes and making his way towards me. There's no way I didn't look guilty as fuck.

"Michael!" I said surprised and immediately hung up on John. "Good morning." I smiled trying to play it off as if nothing happened.

"What are doing out here, baby?" he asked pecking my lips while gently rubbing up and down my back.

"I just got a phone call.. I have to go into work for a little bit and I didn't want to wake you." I lied trying not to make it obvious that I was hiding something.

"oh okay.. listen, Kate i'm sorry about how I acted last night.. I was out of hand." He apologized placing my hair behind my ear. I won't deny that I was mad last night, but his charming personality always feels me back in.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't worry about it." I whispered and brought his lips to mine. "Thank you for caring about me."

"I always will I promise. Nothing will ever come between us, I won't allow it." He said confidently and went in for a more passionate kiss.

I pulled away and gave him a small smile before going back into my room to change. I quickly changed into my white booty shirts and a cute summer shirt before curling my hair into loose curls and heading to the studio. I hated myself for wanting to look cute as shit for John but women like to impress, that's all I have to say. I didn't really have to go into work today but I wanted John to meet me there so that my car would be there incase Michael were to come by.

I finally arrived and went inside almost immediately receiving a text from John.

I'm almost there, I'll meet you inside.

I bit my lip and smiled. I was so excited to spend time with him again. Just then I saw him walking up to the door and made sure my hair was in the right place one more time before he entered the doors.

"Hey.." I smiled up at him and we embraced in a tight hug.. a much needed hug.  It just felt right when I was with him and I could tell he missed me too.

"Hey, beautiful." he replied when we separated. He took my hand and started making his way to the door to leave. I didn't know what to think, but him just taking control and grabbing my hand shocked me. He knew I was dating someone, yet he seemed to have forgotten that small detail.

I slowly pulled it away from his grip, embarrassed by my actions and not wanting to hurt him. He looked back at me and I avoided eye contact with him and kept walking when I suddenly saw Michael park beside my car and get out.

"Oh shit." I cursed and pushed John back behind the wall. "Please stay here, I can't have him seeing you.." I pleaded, feeling his hands grip my waist so that I couldn't get away.

"Ignore him, I've waited too long to spend time with you." He begged, but I reassured him I would be right back. I made my way out of the building to his car that he was standing beside.

"What are you doing here?" I asked walking towards him. When I reached the car he grabbed my hand, pulling me closer.

"I'm stealing you away from work. I missed you too much."

"Michael I can't just leave. I'm sorry honey..."

I tried to turn back around when he grabbed my wrist tightly. I whimpered when he pulled me back and I stumbled towards him.

"Cmon Katy, you've been working so hard.." He said kissing my neck and to be honest it was making me want to just leave and go home with him but I couldn't just leave John. I giggled slightly pushing against his chest to leave again when his grip on my waist became tighter.

"Michael.. " I said more seriously. "I have to go."

"And I said you're coming with me." He said in the same serious tone.

I tried to get out of his grasp as he kept pulling me back trying to get me in his car. He was starting to scare me. He was so much stronger and he could easily take advantage of the situation but I knew he wouldn't hurt me at the same time.

"Katy!" I heard John yell and a million thoughts ran threw my mind. I was glad to see him because Michael immediately let go but also scared he would know what was going on.

"Are you okay? What are you doing, man? Get your hands off of her." He threatened Michael, seeing me all out of breath and frazzled.

"I was just messing with her and she knows it." He laughed wrapping his arm around my waist and kissing my forehead. So far I don't think he's recognized John from the other night yet.

"Well I'll let you go babe." Michael said as he kissed me and got back in his car and drove off.

"Are you okay?" John asked and I could tell he was a little worried. "Did he hurt you?"

"Don't be stupid, he wouldn't hurt me." I stated matter of factly, but I think it was more of a way of trying to convince myself.

"I just saw you struggling and knew I couldn't risk him hurting you and had to come out here I'm sorry..."

"Don't be.. thank you." I thanked him, once again seeing that side of John that was always so protecting and caring.

"So should we go?" John asked me and I nodded before we got in his car and took off.