Chapter 10

thank you guys for all your lovely comments, I really do appreciate them! and also I have a pretty good idea where this story is going but your ideas are more than welcome!

_____________________________

KATYS POV

I woke up to the annoying buzzing of my phone on the nightstand and reached over to turn the reason for the ringing off. I lazily picked myself up and adjusted my eyes to the brightness seeing I had multiple calls, texts, and voicemails from Michael.

I turned to look at John realizing he wasn't in the bed, or even the room.

"John?" I shouted while looking around the room. A wave of sadness hit me as I realized he must've left without even telling me... Maybe he had something important to do and didn't want to wake me. That must be it.

I sighed looking back down at my phone and first started reading the texts.

"We can work this out, I promise."

"I didn't mean any of it!"

"Baby..."

"You know? Fuck you. I'll leave the rest of the work up to lover boy. He won't always be there to protect you, you know."

I quickly threw my phone across the bed and groaned pulling my knees up to my chin. He wasn't ever going to stop.. whatever this was with us.

Just then I heard the door ever so slowly begin to creep open and saw John carrying in a plate of food trying hard not to make a sound.

He was looking down and hadn't noticed I was awake and I stared at him with an amused face as he concentrated so hard.

"Need some help?" I quipped raising my eyebrows seeing him quickly look up while blushing pink.

"No no no.. go back to sleep i demand you!" he laughed. "Okay let's try this again okay?" He said shutting the door and I rolled my eyes and laid back down pretending to be asleep.

He then re opened the door and came in and sat down on my side of the bed. "Katy... " He said in a hushed tone and I had to bite my tongue in order to not laugh. I wasn't planning on "waking up" again.

"Katy." He said a little louder. Still didn't move. "You were just awake!"

"Could you quite it down people are trying to sleep." i mumbled burying my face in the pillow.

"Wake up before I tickle you." He threatened

"I'm suddenly so awake!" I exclaimed sitting up in bed and raising my eyebrows at what he had brought in. "You made me breakfast! John, you shouldn't have!" I screamed sarcastically acting as shocked as I could.

"Only the best for you.. you've had a rough week you deserve it." He said turning more serious and I looked down and began playing with my hands.

"No ones ever done this for me.. so thank you." I said raising my head once again and giving him a small smile.

His eyes almost popped out of his head. "No one? Not Russell or even Michael?"

I slightly shook my head no and let out a soft laugh. "no... and then there's you who didn't have to think about it twice."

"Obviously they didn't deserve you katy because you deserve to be treated even better than this every day of your life." He said tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I could feel him staring at me but right now I was too vulnerable and I knew if I looked into his eyes I would bust.

He was so sweet. Sweeter than anyone else I've ever been with and i've only really known him for a few days.

I reverted my eyes back to my phone that was at the foot of the bed as it began ringing again.

"It's michael." I whispered. "He's been calling all morning." I scoffed then I realized that John had quickly grabbed it and ran out of the room.

"You son of a bitch!" I heard him curse into the phone as he stepped into the hallway and I quickly ripped the sheets off me to follow him.

"No, she is safe. I don't plan on leaving her side so you can try all you want but you won't get to her and I'll make sure your ass is in jail!" He screamed pacing around the living room. I just stood there and listened as he defended me like that. He really did care and it was finally starting to hit me just how much I appreciated him.

I finally walked over to him to see his face red, with sweat beginning to form. He was breathing hard and I walked under his arm that was holding the phone and cuddled up to him. I gripped his shirt and immediately felt his body relax and his free hand held me to him.

"He's not worth it." I mouthed and I could hear michael yelling on the other side.

"Don't ever call her again you hear me?" Were Johns last words before he hung up and now wrapped his newly free arm around my upper body engulfing me in a huge hug I never wanted to end.

"This will all end eventually you know." I mumbled quietly into his chest.

"Yeah." He breathed out. "I just can't help but worry about you while he's out there. He's like.. weirdly obsessed with you?" He let out and we both laughed easing the tension.

"Well I have you to protect me." I smiled up at him resting my chin on his chest and poking his nose.

"Oh so you only want me here to be your body guard?" He asked shocked taking a step back and holding his heart like he had just been stabbed.

I giggled and grabbed onto his shirt pulling him back to me. "Duh who else is gonna scare away the boogeyman at night?"

He just shook his head and kissed me but quickly. "I'm sorry I need to stop doing that." He said running his hand through his hair.

"Why do you keep apologizing?" I ask tilting my head, creating circles on his back with my hand.

He let out a nervous laugh "Because we aren't even dating I guess? I don't know i just feel like you don't want me doing that." He began to mumble the rest before I cut him off.

"Don't be silly, I don't mind." I reassured him giving him a smile. "On one condition?"

"Oh no..." he playfully rolled his eyes and I slapped his arm in return.

"Sorry, what's your condition, Queen?" He emphasized queen and I saw his bright smile reappear and realized I never wanted him to stop smiling. It was a beautiful smile.

"You take me to get breakfast since yours is cold now." I pouted as he smirked and grabbed my hand leading us down the hall.

"Go get dressed and don't take too long please?" He laughed shoving me into my room before going out to wait in the living room.

"I'm taking you out to dinner also!" He shouted making me smile as I fixed my long black hair. I think I like him.. a lot. My feelings are definitely escalating each time I see him but is it too soon? I did just get out of an abusive relationship so maybe this will do me some good.