Chapter 9

JOHNS POV

I glanced over at the clocked that read 2:33 a.m and groaned knowing I wasn't going to get much sleep tonight. I tried to fall asleep but every time I just had a feeling that he was going to return and it made me want to watch over her and keep an eye out. I looked down at her small fragile body cuddled up to my side as I held her. I softly stroked up and down her side careful to not wake her as I watched her sleep. She was so beautiful it confused me. I never knew someone could be that perfect and funny and beautiful and smart all at the same time.

As I lie here and look at her I know one thing for sure.. I'm in love with her.

I had just closed my eyes once again as I felt her start to tremble under my grip. I just held her closer hoping this would cease momentarily but it only got worse. She began shaking harder and almost whimpering in her sleep.

"Katy.." I whispered lightly nudging her.

That must've been the wrong thing to do because she pushed me away followed by an incoherent scream. I scooted towards her and wrap my arms around her but as soon as are skin touched she let out more screams and tried to push me away.

"Katy! Katy! You're alright!" I said trying to hold her down as she writhed beneath me. "Katy, baby it's me.. shh you're okay.. you're okay.. " I whispered as she calmed down and finally woke up in tears.

"J-John.." She mumbled so quietly I almost didn't hear her.

"Hey, it's me i've got you." I comforted her feeling her clothes that were now slightly damp from her sweat.

She burst into tears hiding her face in my neck holding onto me for dear life. "I'm so glad I have you." she mumbled into my neck sniffling

I just smiled as i continued rubbing her back. She was still shaking a little but she was finally calming down.

"Are you okay?" I asked breaking the silence and she removed herself from me to look into my eyes.

"I'm okay as long as you're here." She said giving me a small smile.

I don't know what came over me but after examining her beautiful eyes
I grabbed her face in my hands and kissed her passionately causing her to gasp in shock. She began kissing me back but I felt a wave of guilt wash over me as I realized what I had just done.

"I'm sorry.." I apologized embarrassed letting go of her face. I heard katy giggle and didn't know what to think? Was she laughing at me?

"Um okay so-"

"John shut up and do it again." She interrupted pulling me in for another kiss not giving me any time to process what was happening.

I rolled over on top of her and continued to kiss her as the situation became more and more heated. She kissed me hard, in almost a needy way, and I never thought I would be in this position.

"Ugh take this off.." she breathed out tugging at my shirt returning to the kiss. I was lost in the essence of katy perry. I was in love with her and all of my thoughts were jumbled as I kissed her never wanting this moment to end.. but then my brain kicked in as she tried to pull her short off.

"Katy no.." I whispered encircling my hand around her wrist. "we can't.. not tonight."

It pained me to say that but I needed to be the gentlemen. One of us needed to be thinking clearly.

"whyyyy?" she whined like a 4 year old letting her hands fall to the mattress.

"because you're in a vulnerable state right now.. you're not thinking clearly and i'm not going to use you like that.. you may end up even regretting it. no. I'm not doing that to you." I explained stroking her cheek

A single tear fell from her cheek and i wiped it away tilting my head confused.

"what is it?"

"why do you have to be such a gentlemen." she laughed though her tears and a smile escaped my lips as I bent down to peck her lips before returning to my side of the bed. We lied there for a few moments until I spoke up.

"katy..." I said in a shaky voice turning towards her and propping myself up on my elbows.

"What?" she asked as she rested in the same position as me.

"I think I'm gay...." I watched as her eyes popped out of her head and she sat up with a shocked expression.

"what?? you're gay?? what do you mean? we were just fooling around and now you're gay? oh shit did I turn you gay? she yelled flailing her arms everywhere. "why do you think that?" she finally asked more calmly placing the palm of her hand on her forehead.

"because I just turned down that SUPER hot body of yours." i smirked knowing I was in for it.

Her mouth dropped and a smile returned to her face as she took her pillow and hit me in the face.

"you jerk! I thought that the first decent man I was falling for was gay!" she laughed crossing her arms.

"wait did you say you were falling for me?" Did I just hear her right? I couldn't have.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah..." she whispered looking down, chipping her nail polish off her nails.

"I'm happy to hear that katheryn hudson." I teased pulling her back to lie down and bringing my arms to wrap around her making her giggle, which i soon realized was my favorite sound.

"get some sleep." I whispered kissing her temple and finally drifted off to sleep.