Blessing?

here's the next update! sorry it took so long and also sorry i got lazy at the end..

KATYS POV

Its been a week since our engagement and John now has a few days to spare so that we can finally spend some time together. Though, our time is mainly going to be spent with my parents.. We are driving down there today to tell them the news over dinner and then stay a night or two there with them.

They knew John and I were together of course I told my mom over the phone but they never actually got to meet John. So hopefully they are accepting and love him as much as i do, but what's not to love?

I looked over at John who was looking nervous as he gripped the steering wheel tighter in his hands.

"Stop worrying so much," I said quietly grabbing his free hand. He immediately brought it up to his lips and kissed my wrist as he broke eye contact with the road for a split second to look into my eyes. "They are usually very accepting people."

"usually?" He said as it caught his attention. "how about this, how did they react to russell and Michael?"

"Russell they weren't too fond of but I brushed it off thinking at the time that he would grow on them but.. you know." I said looking down at my lap but quickly perking up again. "and Michael... Michael they liked, a lot actually. My dad got along great with him."

I heard him take a deep breath and let it out after hearing that. I don't know if it was because he was nervous or relieved.

"Even if this doesn't go as planned I'll still love you just as much. They can't change my love for you." I said as he turned to look at me again giving me a small smile.

"I know baby." He replied squeezing my hand that was still in his. "I just.. I never got around to asking him permission and I don't want him to get the wrong idea. I planned on asking him, but then some dick ruined the whole thing."

"Hey," I giggled, "you're not a dick you were just nervous and I'm pushy."

"That you are." He grinned as he shot me that smirk of his.

"I'm sure they'll love you so much that he won't even think about it." I said as we pulled up to the restaurant we were meeting them at.

"ready?" I asked turning to look at him.

He slowly nodded, "yeah.. let's go."

We stepped out of the car and i immediately linked hands with his as he led me to the door but before we went in he stopped me.

"I just realized I never told you how beautiful you looked." He said softly, moving a piece of hair away from my eyes. "we've got to do something about this hair of yours."

"What? I thought you liked my hair!" I pouted nervously fiddling with it and removing it out of my face once again.

"I do but I love your eyes more." He smiled pecking my lips once more before opening the door for me.

Our hands still linked together we reached the table where my parents instantly smiled once they saw us.

"Oh Katy, we've missed you!" my mom chirped hopping out of her chair and pulling me in for a hug. I let go of John momentarily to hug her back before moving on to my father who was beside her.

"Dad, Mom, this is John... " I smiled reaching back for him to pull him beside me.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hudson it's a pleasure." He said holding out his hand but my mom instantly brought him in for a hug surprising him.

"John, we've heard such good things about you!" she added as he shook my dads hand. My dad has yet to speak which made me a little nervous but I shook it off and sat down next to John.