part2: chapter 17

NOT EDITED
:
:

"You ceased to belong here the moment you took all the darkness in your soul. Leave the Prince or you'll have me to face!" He transformed into a fierce lion. With wings of a Dragon, eyes of an eagle and paws that could kill in one swipe. He roared and right then and there I knew I couldn't take this task alone.

I flee, the only thing I could do to save my life. It was clear as day that I couldn't take him, not now or ever. I need an army. I need to summon my own man. I can't be one man to be able to destroy an ancestor, the spiritual royal guard.

:
:
:
:
Ntombi pov.

I looked at the traditional healer that led me inside the hut. I know I can trust her because of the man that brought me to her. I believe he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize the life of a Prince, the baby I'm carrying. She's the one that chased me when I came seeking for the ancestors to bless me with an heir. It's funny how I assume my baby is a boy. Everyone keeps on saying Prince. I guess there's a possibility that both Eliza and I are going to have baby boys but her child will be the heir, not that I'm worried. I just don't understand why he want to destroy my baby and not Elizas'.

We entered the hut leading to a whole different world on the other side. Warmth and calmness surrounded the place.

"What is this place. Are we in heaven or..."

"No this is not where our ancestors reside..." she interrupted me. "Only the dead can go where you are thinking about. We are in the unknown. A place where both men and spirit can live. Under extreme cirmstance and in your case a demon is after the blood of the future king and we protects our own." She said future king. I guess that means Eliza will have a female then.

"I'll be staying with you here. No one can enter this sacred place except those that have been given permission to do so. It's never night in this place and by now I assume you are tired. You can go sleep."

She pointed toward a beautiful hut that I'm sure wasn't there before. I accepted the offer. Today was... a hard pill to swallow. I layed down my belonging and took off to sleep right after my head rested on top of my bag.

I guess I'll ask more questions after i take this little pleasure just for myself. I haven't felt this safe since forever it feels.

It felt like eternity when my eyes forcibly opened not fully believing the long peaceful sleep I've had. I was greeted by the same women that brought me here holding a tray full of food. I guess it's mine.

"Here's some food." She offered the tray to me and I wasted no time to fill my empy stomach. "We need to take you back to the palace." She simply stated. She has to be kidding me.

"I'm not going there. I didn't just escape just to be captured by a ghost and brought back to the same place I'm running away from. I can't let this baby die and I'm also afraid to die. Take me to father Michael instead. That's where I was headed anyways."

She took a long breathe before answering me, " this is not negotiable. The king is worried sick about you and the baby  needs to be born where all the other kings that came before him were born."

I put the tray behind as my appetite suddenly vanished. "There is a monster that is blood thirsty and won't be quenched with just anyone's blood but my sons'. I can't. "

"Look I get you. Always remember that you are always protected." She picked up the tray and stood up.

"Wait." I pulled her down. "How did he escape to my kingdom? Your daughter says you brought it here?"