chapter 19

1199 words. NOT EDITED!!!

/////////
Prince Muzi POV.

I'm really disgusted by all this activity that is happening right now. How dare of my father to invite people on my behalf without even asking me. I'm being the obedient son at the moment, you know pretending as if everything is okay. I don't want to let Ntombi out of my sight. I pray to the gods that her mother doesn't even show her face because if she does... the gods so help me.

As usual I'm expected to say something to the people, so here I am in front of everybody about to deliver the speech that'll give people permission to eat and drink away with everything. Here goes nothing.

"Greetings to all." You know how people greet back the royal ones. Bows after bows and the echoes carried by the wind to God knows where.

"I'm the one honoured to be welcomed with so much love from my people. I missed home but mostly I missed my love, Ntombi." This seemed to have shocked people a bit. What did they expect. Whether they like it or not Ntombi will be the next queen of Zulu land.

"I'm greatful that this are the kind of people that I'm associated with. People who know love but unfortunately we lack justice." Gasps travelled all around. They all knew what I was talking about, fortunately for them this isn't the right time. I think it's the alcohol talking. The only thing shutting me up is Ntombi's disapproving looks.

"But this is not what we came here for. You all came here to eat, drink and celebrate me. So cheers." My people clapped. Food and drinks were distributed by the palace's servants. Music players continued with their drums, there were dancers but mostly drunkards showing us their crazy dance moves.

This wasn't as bad as i thought it would play out. Ntombi was having fun and so I was happy...

:
:
:
:
:
:
:

PRECIOUS POV.

Even a deaf man could hear the celebration going on in the palace. This only means one thing, the Prince is back and so is my daughter. My precious daughter is safe, thank the gods. I know I shouldn't go and I'm not going to go but that does not stop the aching feeling in my heart to see my daughter. I'm so selfish and forever will i be.

I'm a bit moody with all the activities going on, both in my head and this land. Sipho is the one suffering from it. I refuse to be his servant today. I wasn't raised that way. He's just so annoying at the moment. Precious this and  Precious that.

"Could you just shut up!" This is the zillionth time I've been shouting this to him.

"I need to go please." Oh my ancestors! Isn't this punishment enough already!

"You old man, have you no shame? My daughter whom you have raped is here and instead of you trying to make some amends you are here... so demanding. Have you no shame at all?"I just wanted to spit at him at this point. Between him and i, we know that confessing to the people and apologising is something we won't do. I think that is what gives him some sort of power because ever since he found out that I won't open my mouth to the people about his doings he seemed to have gained some balls.

I need to escape. I don't know where. So I take two clay pots and start walking the same way my daughter used to take when she was just an innocent little girl. Now I'm the one doing her job, walking in this excruciating heat to the stream and trying to mind my own business. The people will always talk and that is why I keep on going despite the gnawing stares I'm getting from passers by.

"Isn't her daughter back? What is wrong with this woman?" I hear people behind me whispering. It seems to me that they don't care whether I hear them or not, or maybe they do want me to hear whatever it is they want to say. Couldn't they just say it to my face. Gossips ...

" my friend you never know what goes on in another person's head. They might not want to associate themselves with such a daughter. Sipho is a good man. He wouldn't do such a thing especially to his daughter."

"Mmmh Mandlovu don't say that. This is more deeper than you think..." I paced my speed up so  Couldn't hear anymore of their bickering. This caused loud giggles coming from the woman. I hate my life...

:
:
:
:
:
:

Sleep, eat and sleep some more, that's what I have been doing all the week. Since the welcoming party of the Prince passed I've been so bored except when the Prince returns from whatever duty he does the whole day. I just wish things between my family and I were perfect or at least had some friends, so I could visit someone.

The only person I've made close to a friend is the maid that the Prince specially assigned for me. Her name is Zodwa she a bit older than me and she always has the right things to say, which is why I'm a bit wary of her. Either way she's great company.

Today I asked her to join me for breakfast. We sat opposite eachother with her body language showing her uncomfortability. She is probably wondering what it is I want from her. All I need from the poor girl is some update and she will benefit form it. A little bit of comment from the royals about what they think of me won't hurt. I just need to make sure the get the message that this is my era. Things are about to change.

"Zodwa, please relax. I won't bite." That's if she gives me what I want. She composed himself a bit. I don't blame her. This chair is more comfortable to what she's used to.

"Sorry my princess. It's just not common for me to dine and eat like this. I'm used to working all day. I'm glad the Prince assigned me to you." Me too my friend.

"Please call me Ntombi. You know how boring it gets when you do nothing the whole say. I just need someone to keep me busy." She seems to be not bothered by what I was saying. All she cared about were those eggs she gobbled down aggressively. Do these people get good food around here?

"I'm always at your service Prince... i mean Ntombi." I smiled at her. She is a good girl. I just need a way to approach this situation.

"I know but I need someone who's more of a friend than a worker." She gave me a wide grin showing pieces of food in between her teeth. "I need you to tell me what people say." I just went on to tell her what I want from her. I don't want to waste time. She a bad eater anyway. Next time I won't be eating when she is.

"So you want me to spy?"

"Precisely. "

*************************************

So here's another chapter. ENJOY!!!