PART 2: CHAPTER 4

Our way back to the palace was one of hopelessness. Where in this time and place do I go about searching for that one person that  popped out of the blue. I give life a hand of applause, Really. One can never rest without life constantly throwing all sort of hurdles to the point of not wanting to live anymore. What I'm I still living for?? Where is my happily ever after??Maybe my life is meant to be in constant pain, from one problem to the other.
:
:

"Where have you been woman?" The sharp voice of Muzi shook me from my thoughts. What is he doing here? He's supposed to be wherever he goes when he goes early in the morning.
:

"Muzi,  what are you doing here. I thought you'd be gone."
:

"I asked you a question. What sort of a married woman leaves her home for hours and a queen for that matter?" Does he really want me to answer that question.
:

"Well... same way you go out early in the morning leaving your wife. A king for that matter!!" I stuttered a bit at first then regained my posture. He grabbed me to our chambers, away from the eyes of the guards and the people that accompanied our presence. I suddenly feel bad for talking to him that way in front of his subjects.
:

"I've had enough of you Ntombi!! Your constant complains and now this. Do you know how worried we were. Couldn't you have told someone at least. I really can't deal with you."
Me?? Complaining???
:

"Muzi is this your way of saying that you want me out?? For so long Muzi. Is it because of a child that I can't give you,  right??" I suddenly became emotional. Tears began rolling down, afraid of the answer Muzi would give me.
:

"This Is What I mean. Don't you think i would have done that already if I didn't want this anymore. Ntombi I care for you damn it?? You know what I'm done with this conversation." Just like all the other times he left me all alone. Surrounded by the sad atmosphere that engulfed my whole being yet again. Hiccupping I said a silent prayer. To God... to the universe. I can't...

:
:
:

Precious pov.
:

I can go on and on wishing for death the whole day, even everyday. The truth of the matter is that I'm a coward. As much as life is a struggle right now I can't bring myself to throw the towel. I want to keep on living, for what I don't know. I figured I could try finding my uncle. It should somehow be easy for me since he leaves a mark everywhere he goes. I have to find him, mend things between him and I. This life is too lonely for me to bear. Yes the only living soul in my family that's alive.
:

Ever just had a strong feeling of doing something. Without no reason at all but in your heart you know you have to it. This is the sole reason f finding my uncle. Something tell me he isn't far and I have to find him. Maybe he's in trouble or maybe together we could figure out this thing we call life.
:

Which is why I decided that today I'll start looking for him. I'm at the market place hoping for something, anything. I hope he isn't one of the mad people galavanting the street and stealing whatever the people gathered to make ends meet. He can't be far... My guts kept saying. I don't know what pushes me to keep in going even under this scorching Sun. Sweat dripping down my forehead and throat as rough as the sand I'm walking on. I got around the place my uncle used to hang around with his buddies at time. There stood a woman with a child on her back. Yelling the different stuffs she sells and how hers is the cheapest.
:

"Morning ma'am." I greeted her as i neared her selling place. "Please can I talk to you?" I asked since my greeting seemed to not grab her attention.
:

"Lady please shift so the other people can buy since you don't seem to be buying." She shooed me to the side as if I'm a wasp ready to savage her fruits.
:

"I'm looking for a man called John. Please help me." I quickly filled in before she completely got rid of me. She stopped mid way as if I've said something important, well at least I grabbed her attention.
:

"Hey, look over this place I'll be back in a minute." She said to a young girl. "Let's go somewhere private." She instructed me. I followed her away from the crowd.
:

"You spoke of John. What do you want of him?" She asked suspiciously. "Are you one of his mistresses."
:

"No not at all." I said quickly. "I'm his niece. He's been missing for a while now." I stated desperately.
:

"Oh." She seemed relieved enough. "I don't know where John is at the moment. He'll be back later on though. He's my husband... well at least his woman. You see we have children together." This new information didn't seem to surprise me at all. That's what my uncle is known for but what  really caught me of guard is that they are still together. Maybe something changed... but who knows.
:

"I really need to talk to him ma." I pressed on. " and I don't think I can wait until that late for him to come back." I picked up my belongings. I really should get going because it's getting late.
:

"Please tell him Precious, his niece, was here. Tell him I said he needs to come back home. His sister has passed on and he's the only one left including my daughter and myself. " with that I left. I went back home to be lonely again...
:
:

******************************
:
:

In the neighbouring village...
:

The elders of Zulu land were welcomed and their matter of marrying a princess for the Prince was still pending. Negotiations, laughter and joy were all but nothing that was present in the palace.
:

Princess Elizabeth couldn't deny the bubble of love she still felt for Prince Muzi. The thought of being a second to any man disgusted and left a sour taste on her tongue but it is this way she realized she can only be with the Prince. Her father was against the marriage proposal but after hearing the princess's plea, he welcomed every gift and bargained with the elders that came to marry off her daughter. King jabulani saw this reunion as something that her daughter didn't deserve but more as something that might turn out bad for her daughter. He saw the desperation in the elders eyes but what would they do If they no longer needed her daughter...
:
:
"

****************************************************
:
:

  Authors note:

And... I've updated yayi. I hope you people kept the fact that every chapter is not edited in your minds. Either way I'm happy that I FINALLY updated.

Just do the following for me:
Vote
Follow
Share & most importantly
ENJOY