Chapter Twenty Four

***

"And if the sun starts setting, the sky goes cold
Then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall
I really need somebody to call my own
I wanna be somebody to someone
Someone to you."

A few days later, Taehyung was in the park again, this time alone, because Jeongguk had mentioned something about having some important appointments to finish and when Taehyung had asked him if he could wait for him at the parlor Jeongguk had declined, telling him that he should avoid going there on that particular day. His explanation had flowed around the idea of having too many clients to deal with on that day at the parlor so Taehyung had let the idea of visiting him go because he could understand how busy it must get on certain days.

Taehyung still didn't know what their relationship was but he guessed they didn't need to brand it, not yet at least. Jeongguk had promised to visit him when he was done and they could go for a walk with their dogs, Amaya included. Taehyung could hardly wait, smiling as he watched his own dogs running around him, this time feeling that he was truly smiling because of happiness, not because he felt forced to do so.

He started to walk around the park, deciding that sitting on the bench was not as interesting as before since now he seemed to see everything differently, much more lively. Taehyung walked around, petting a few friendly dogs when they stopped beside him, a white greyhound going so far as to lick his face. Taehyung laughed at that but the friendly greyhound was soon chased away by Onyx when he appeared out of nowhere, growling menacingly, Taehyung being forced to bend over to pet his head in an attempt to calm him down.

"Come on, come on, he didn't do anything to me. He just wanted some pets."

His dog accepted the love happily, leaving in a few seconds to reunite with Muse, both of them running around while Taehyung looked at them happily. However, a voice that seemed to be addressed to him made Taehyung turn his gaze to the person standing behind him.

"You have a quite protective dog."

Taehyung flashed a smile, nodding when he realized who he was talking to. It was the same man who had offered him the position as an university lecturer but Taehyung had sadly forgotten his name due to his pretty bad memory.

"Yes, although he's not always like that."

The man, on closer examination, did not appear to have a dog with him which probably meant that he had come there only to meet him again. A smile appeared on the man's face and Taehyung returned the gesture, feeling guilty for the way he had behaved on their first meeting. He didn't want to look like a fool who had no manners just because he was in a bad mood that day so he smiled, stepping closer to the man.

"I'm Seungyoun, in case you forgot." The man explained, his smile bright and making his eyes look smaller than they were, reminding Taehyung of some of his friends who had similar features. "Names are not as easy to remember as we like to think."

Taehyung chuckled awkwardly at Seungyoun's words, wondering if he was being that obvious.

"Uh, I just have a very bad memory. Maybe that's why I was never good at art history, I never remembered the years and stuff."

Seungyoun laughed and Taehyung felt himself relax in his presence because the man did not seem to be someone with bad intentions.

"But who actually likes art history?" He asked. "It's kind of useless sometimes and that's coming from a university professor that majored in it."

"Are you also a professor?" Taehyung raised a brow, a smile appearing on his face at the new information.

Seungyoun turned his gaze towards him, nodding slowly.