Chapter Twenty Six

This song is a piece of art that has been inspiring me for years. I wrote black on black, scarred and metanoia while listening to it so feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

You can listen to this song and more that inspired black on black on my spottily

My username there is @/hiraee and you can search for the "black on black" playlist

I have playlists for all of my books!!

Also this is like 6k words long

***

"May these words be the first
To find your ears
The world is brighter than the sun
Now that you're here
Though your eyes will need some time to adjust
To the overwhelming light surrounding us.

I'll give you everything I have
I'll teach you everything I know
I promise I'll do better
I will always hold you close
But I will learn to let you go
I promise I'll do better.

I will soften every edge
I'll hold the world to it's best
And I'll do better
With every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath
And I'll do better.

'Сause you are loved
You are loved more than you know
I hereby pledge all of my days
To prove it so
Though your heart is far too young to realize
The unimaginable light you hold inside."

It was Yoongi who decided to speak, sighing before getting up to take small steps towards him, as if he was afraid to make sudden movements so as not to scare him. Taehyung still had tears in his eyes and his throat ached from holding back tears—not of sadness, but of anger. There was a fire boiling inside him and it was all directed towards Namjoon and Yoongi, who were still sitting by that man's side and looking at Taehyung like he was the murderer, not Minsung. He wished he could scream at Yoongi, but he sighed instead, massaging his temples, then looked at him with deathly flames behind his eyes.

"Taehyung, I know there are dozens of scenarios in your mind, but it's not what it seemsi like, alright?" Yoongi said, his voice calm despite the situation. "You probably want to know what's going on but you need to realize that, if you wish to know, you won't be allowed to tell Jeongguk. Are you sure you want to get involved in this?"

He didn't know why but it all seemed too serious, Namjoon and Minsung staring at him with dark eyes filled with a seriousness he couldn't grasp, a warning that whatever he was going to learn had to stay between them. Taehyung wasn't sure if he was ready to lie to Jeongguk, he didn't want to lie to him, and Yoongi probably noticed the doubt in his eyes. Sighing, he touched his shoulder, then smiled weakly.

"It's all for his own well being, Taehyung." There was a twitch in Yoongi's eyebrows as his lips quivered. "If it helps you, Jeongguk is hiding a lot from you as well. You both should have a serious conversation next time you meet."

In a way, Taehyung had known for a while that Jeongguk was hiding something. He always looked like he was in pain every time Taehyung leaned in to kiss him only to be rejected and, even if he never pressured Jeongguk to tell him, Taehyung still knew that something was bothering him. He knew he had been lying to him about his family, his soulmate, about many things, but he forced himself to be patient because he knew how difficult it was to open up.

However, he couldn't help but frown when he noticed Yoongi's serious gaze. He wanted to know what was happening so, with one last sigh, Taehyung nodded.