Where are you?

Emmet.

I felt a sudden panic run through the bond and my own panic for Ava started to bubble, unfortunately I had to concentrate and push the worry to the side until my small group had done a complete run of the pack perimeter. We had been none stop training and going over battle plans since yesterday evening. The seriality of the whole situation didn't go unnoticed either, I took a deep breath and led my small group of the pack further up the peek.

Ava's panic had been replaced with sadness then a wave of anger. I wanted to reach out on our link but something told me she wouldn't reply. I couldn't ignore the gut feeling that something bad was going to happen so as quickly as I could I led my 'pack' away from the peek and toward the lake. I cant truly explain what drew me to the lake but I followed the my gut instinct that is where I needed to be. After another surge of panic the sudden rushes of emotions in the bond from Ava stopped and that scared the shit out of me, I broke protocol and tried to speak to her over the link, it felt fuzzy and distant and while I could feel the link there within my being it was like something was keeping me away from it. We slowed our pace as the smell of fresh blood floated to us on the breeze, I growled low and followed the scent. With Sean right by my side we stepped into a small clearing. The smell of blood was getting stronger and I caught the faint whiff of the perfume Ava where's, my heart stopped when I spotted a small figure curled up the ground, unconscious and covered in blood. Panic laced with anger and disbelieve washed over me. Emmie. The figure was Emmie, Sean and I changed forms pulling on the shorts we had tied around our legs I quickly knelt next to my sister and was relived when I felt a pulse "I'll fucking kill who ever did this to her" my tone was deadly. A ringtone I recognized as Ava's caught my attention as Sean lifted Emmie off of the ground, I didn't argue I didn't protest as just like me he knew Emmie was going to be his mate, he had told me on the night of Lola's party that he felt drawn to her and I was happy for both of them, I knew he would care for her and love her in the way she deserved. The started Ringing again and I followed it until I found Ava's phone at the base of a tree not even five feet away, the screen was completely smashed. walking back over to Sean and Emmie with seven wolves surrounding us protectively I couldn't help but feel dread, a bottomless well of dread to be exact, "we need to get her to the pack hospital, now" we didn't bother shifting forms again as I once again followed my gut feeling, we jogged toward the west entrance where only a few nights ago we had celebrated Ava's eighteenth. Sat on top of a large boulder near the trail were her car keys, I snatched them up and led the way to the parking lot and just as I expected Ava's car was sat waiting, her school bag still on the back seat. Sean climbed into the back with Emmie still cradled to his chest, I gave orders for the other wolves to continue a search of the area and call in reinforcements.

My head was spinning as all possible scenarios came running through my mind. And why the fuck couldn't I link to Ava? 

My parents were waiting at the entrance to the hospital as we rushed in Sean growling at the nurse who tried to take Emmie out of his arms. I explained as best I could to my parents how and where I found her and then just because this whole thing wasn't fucked up enough the old ww2 siren sounded from the town hall and I shit you not all hell broke loose. My Father instructed the nurses to the lock the doors and not let anyone in and leaving my Mom and Emmie locked inside with them and they done just that as we change forms mid run and headed straight to the agreed meeting point at the high school, "This is why we plan every detail when war is threatened" my Dad growled over the link "they used Emmie as a distraction" the venom in his voice was evident. As we got there more than half the pack was waiting with the New York pack sat to the right Jonas pacing before them. Toms head snapped in my direction "where is Ava?" a pang of sadness pierced my heart "I don't know" Jonas came in our direction then as told Tom about finding Emmie and Ava's phone and all I could do was blame myself for ignoring the rush of emotions she unconsciously sent my way. My Father had filled Jonas in through the Alpha link that can be shared only between Alpha's and Jonas looked just as pissed off as I felt.

We broke up into six groups as agreed and met the rogues head on, they were coming at the town from all directions. I ran head first at the largest wolf I spotted and without a moments hesitation I ripped the wolfs throat out with my bare teeth, growling at another wolf behind him as his limp body clattered to the floor. This one was smaller and smelled female, she snapped in my direction a couple of times before whimpering and cowering to the floor like the underling she was. One thing was for sure though, having three Alphas fight in this battle was working to our advantage, so many rogues had noticed they were outnumbered and outmatched and submitted. But still so many lives were lost and two of them were our own. Jonas's pack had neutralized the threat to the south just moments after Sean ripped the throat out of a rather large scary looking red wolf.

Once the carnage was over we gathered all the wolves who had submitted in the basement of the town hall, throwing in spare clothes they were ordered to change forms. We wanted and needed to interrogate them, they were smart enough to submit maybe they would be smart enough to give us the information we wanted. Those of our pack that weren't injured were gathering the bodies of the fallen rogue wolves, they were to be buried the following morning.

I kept trying to reach Ava and got angrier with every attempt, frustration evident in everything I said and done. Standing between my Father and Tom as we interrogated the eighth rogue so far, my Father had to keep telling me to calm down but I think my agitation helped scare the rogues enough to answer his questions. "Where is Jake?" he was using his Alpha tone, the young boy in front of him looked barley sixteen "I don't know" I growled low in my chest "he... he left right before we attacked, said he had to get someone or something as far away from here as possible". I launched myself at him and Tom grabbed both of my arms from behind, "Did you see anyone with him that you hadn't seen before?" the boy seemed to be scared out of his mind "yes... I think so, erm there was a girl... a brunette asleep on the bed in the R.V, I only got a glance as he entered so I couldn't see exactly who she was though" the boy was rambling. My heart rate spiked and anger over flowed, he took her, he took Ava, he had my sister beat then he took my mate, I was going to kill that bastard if it was the last thing I ever do. I pulled out of Toms grasp and stormed out of the building, not knowing where to go or who to turn to as the person who I wanted to be with so desperately was the one who had been snatched right out of my grasp, I stood staring at the moon willing it to be a bad dream willing the slaughter that had just took place be a figment of my over active imagination "I'll find you princess"...