Running free

The week after the fight went by so slowly everyone was treating me like I was some fragile victim at home and at school even Emmet went easy on me with training and that was frustrating, I am a wolf I heal just as quick as the rest of them and I'm no victim! well today was Saturday exactly one week after Lola attacked me. Tapping my foot impatiently waiting for Emmet to show up and tell me we were going to take it slow like he did every other day I was getting angrier by the second just thinking about it, before he even had a chance to speak a word I marched straight up to him, "no more of this pussy footing around Ava thing, I can't take anymore of this bullshit, if you truly are here to train me then train me" I poked him in the chest to provoke him and he just stared at me, "no one is pussyfooting around you Ava" he sounded offended, "oh please" I flipped my hair and stormed towards the training grounds, I didn't bother to check weather he was following me or not I just started my routine warmup, he threw a towel at me, I caught it before it could hit me in the face and glared at him, "what the hell dude" I was still angry and he could tell but he looked amused by it, "you need to strip Ava as today we are training your wolf not your human" he tied a towel around his waist and turned away from me, I stood staring as he pulled his shirt over his head and I noticed a tattoo of a tree in the centre of his shoulder blades, shaking my head I got to the task at hand as excitement bubbled up inside me, it had been so long since I let my wolf run free that I could barely contain her, stripping with a towel wrapped around you is no easy feat I can tell you that for sure, folding my clothes into a neat pile I stepped up beside him "now what?" I asked rather impatiently, "now we let our wolves take over" he smiled at me just as his form started to change and I let my wolf take control, felling the movement and snapping of bones had become normal for me and no longer seared like a burning pain it was just a low ache, the more we change the less we feel it, the towel fell away as my wolf took her form, looking to my right I could see Emmet's wolf was far larger than mine with a deep brown coat that had golden streaks just like his hair, he was magnificent compared to my small mousy brown furred wolf but I stood proud none the less, "now we run, try and keep up princess" he said over the pack link, my wolf growled low with excitement as he took off running for the tree line, and I ran after him.

The pure joy and freedom that ran through my veins as I followed Emmet through the trees and up the nearest peak was accelerating, he wasn't exactly taking the safest path either and as I had to jump over fallen trees and leap off of high boulders I knew what he meant by training my wolf, by the time we reached the top of the peak we had slowed to a walking pace, I went straight to the edge to look over and was met with the view of nothing but trees the faint outline of buildings in the distance , looking over my shoulder at him I cocked my head to one side, he was waiting as far back from the ledge as possible "are you scared of heights?" I asked him teasingly through the link, he took a small step forward "not exactly" he responded "just the falling part that normally comes with it" I shook my head at him "oh big brave Emmet is scared of falling" you could hear the laughter in my voice even through the link, he growled lowly turning away from me "we best head back before it starts to get dark" he sounded annoyed, oops...

Grabbing the towel I had dropped when I changed forms I quickly tied it around myself before awkwardly trying to dress with it still on, Emmet didn't say a word the whole way back, "erm hey, sorry for teasing you, I.." he interrupted me then "don't worry about it" he shrugged, "see you tomorrow princess" he called over shoulder to me as he made his leave.

The next day's training was completely different, Emmie, Zack, Amy and Sean were all with us today, running through the trees, apparently I needed to get used to working with them as though we were one, we practiced several different formations with Emmet barking his orders to us over the link, everything was going well until we picked up the scent of another wolf, I watched as Emmet tensed "star formation now, Ava at the centre, stay low and quite" a look of pure determination flashed through his eye's, we done as told and slowly followed him down the side of the mountain through the trees and back onto my father's property, Emmet didn't waste any time changing forms back to human, giving no care to who was there he stalked his way over to his clothes butt naked and I couldn't pull my eyes away from, Zack bumped into my shoulder and we changed forms at the same time, grabbing up our towels and throwing them around us, Emmet was now pacing in just his jeans talking hurriedly on the phone, "Emmet what is it?" Emmie placed a hand on her brothers arm and his eyes softened at her touch, "there are rogue's up in the peaks of Castleton" was all he offered her as threw his shirt over his head, "and what does that mean?" Amy spoke up from behind me, "it means we have a problem, stay together guys" he said looking between me and Emmie, "Sean you ready?" he nodded and followed after our future Alpha away from us, leaving us standing there stunned.

Following the instructions Emmet gave us we retreated to my room and watched the night of the living dead bingeing on popcorn and pizza, "so Ava how long have been crushing on my brother?" Emmie asked between mouthfuls, I nearly chocked on my mouthful "I'm not crushing on Emmet" I felt my cheeks getting hotter as I said it, "oh please girl a blind man could see it" Zack said with the all knowing tone he so often enjoyed to use, I threw some popcorn at them at and felt my cheeks get even redder. They left not long after the film ended, Mary and my Dad were still at the Alphas house and for the first time in a long time I felt uncomfortable here.