Finally Eighteen

The next week went by slowly, Emmet met me every evening for 'training' we started of just walking around talking which was the highlight of my days and I always looked forward to seeing him, until three days in where the bastard had me running laps again, I swear he enjoyed seeing me in pain, I had to beg to be able to go to school and that's not something I would normally do, but being made to feel like a fragile creature was pissing me off! My highlight of the week was spotting Blane with an arm around a small redhead, I pried Zack and Emmie for more information as soon as I got to school it turned out that before the high order came to cart Lola away he visited her at the pack hospital and rejected their bond, at least he will get a chance to be happy.

By the time Friday rolled around I'd managed to avoid the subject of my birthday which was Sunday and fast approaching, I was sat in the library trying to catch up on all the things I missed when Emmie, Zack and Amy came rushing toward me, "Bitch why didn't you tell us it's your birthday this weekend?" Zack put a hand on one hip as he strode toward me, "erm because I don't want to make a big deal of it" I whisper shouted it at him "how did you find out anyway?" like seriously is he psychic? Amy shuffled her feet awkwardly "I saw it in your file", I had completely forgot that she works part time in the school office filing things, I sighed noticeably "so what are we doing to celebrate?" Emmie asked taking the seat next to me " absolutely nothing, besides it's not like we can do much on a Sunday", I should of kept my mouth shut as Emmie and Zack started exchanging glances, without saying a word Emmie got up from the table and motioned for Amy and Zack to follow her, panicking I bolted up grabbing her arm "what are you planning?" I looked her in the eye hoping she could see the pure terror in my eyes that I could feel, "oh Ava don't you worry you'll love it I know already" I should trust her shouldn't I? I let go of her arm letting my hand fall to my side "nothing too big please!" I pleaded with her and her smile grew wider and I watched them leave talking excitedly between themselves, what had I just agreed to? I could already tell I was going to regret it.

Emmet was waiting for me in the kitchen like always, the way he smiled at me as I entered made my knees wobble, my breath hitching just looking at him, "hey princess you ready?" I feared my voice would betray me so I just nodded and followed him out the door, we trained in wolf form mostly, avoiding the forest and peeks as the rogues were brave lately and edging closer to the town, Alpha Zane and my Dad didn't want anyone getting caught up with them so our orders were to stay away from the treeline, because I didn't already feel like a child who's every move was monitored I can't leave the house on my own, Emmie drive's to me school and back and Mary is always home now like they think ill disappear if they don't keep a close eye on me. After my sixth lap in human form, I finally started to feel winded and decided to slump down on the grass and glare at Emmet just for fun, he looked like I'd just slapped him "what's up princess?" he sat next to me on the grass then, why did I get excited by his closeness? "do you know what Emmie is planning?" he chuckled lowly "and what if I do?" I glared at him some more pleased at his shocked reaction "would you tell me?" he shook his head lightly "I have no idea what my sister is planning" he shrugged and got to his feet "you done well today, tomorrow's training will be a little different" I threw myself backward dramatically "no rest for the wicked hey" he didn't respond as I sat up I noticed him walking back towards the house and I scrambled to my feet to follow him glaring at his back the whole way, he graciously refused to stay for dinner when Mary asked just like every other day and for the first time in nearly two weeks I was slightly relieved when he left even though a pending sense of loss filled me the moment the door closed behind him.

I slept uneasy that night constantly tossing and turning so when the sun rose I rose with it, sipping coffee on my balcony, I drifted of to sleep in the light breeze, jolting awake to my phone buzzing on the table next to me I splashed cold coffee over myself realizing I had fallen asleep with mug clutched to my chest, it was nearly noon and Emmet had sent me three text's,