Chapter 39

Y/n's POV:

I open my eyes, I'm in a dark forest. I could swear I've been here before... I look around, I see the obsidian walls of L'manburg in the distance. It's about to be dawn. What's happening? I run towards them, I can hear screams and shouts. I near the walls, I see TechnoBlade dropping tnt from the sky. Dream is fighting down on the ground. I see Tubbo shooting at the opposing team, and Tommy... what's Tommy doing there? L'manburg is in flames, everyone running. As I get closer, I see a boy sitting under the only thing still intact. The L'mantree. I run towards him, recognizing the yellow beanie.

"Wilbur?" I ask in shock. Wilbur turns to face me, a small smile creeping at his lips. I take a step back in surprise. His skin, it looks... transparent? He stands up to meet me.

"Y/n..."

"Wilbur, what's happening?" Is this even real?

"Y/n, listen to me," He says urgently.

"Things are going to go bad tomorrow, at the festival. I trust you will do the right thing, Y/n." Wilbur says sternly, his eyes meeting mine. That's what Tubbo said, but what is the right thing? What does he mean? 

"L'manburg is forever my unfinished symphony," He says, his voice softening.

"Wilbur what do you mean?!" I ask frantically, the faint screams starting to get louder.

"Sometimes the right thing doesn't always have the best outcome," Wilbur says, his voice barely louder than a whisper. He begins to fade away slowly.

"Wilbur, please! Please don't leave me again..." I say, my voice cracking with emotion. Wilbur only gives me a sad smile.

"I've never left you y/n, I'm always here," He says. I see the sun starting to rise in the distance, showing the full wreckage of L'manburg. Before Wilbur fades away completely, he whispers to me one more time.

"I'll be back... I promise."

I wake up in cold sweat. I didn't realize I was gripping my necklace so tightly, my knuckles are white. I sit up in bed, still shocked. It was just a dream. But, Wilbur... he warned me. What'd he mean, 'I'll be back?' I look at the silver locket that hangs around my neck. I examine it closely. Wilbur gave me this. I know he did it for a reason and a good one at that. Suddenly my stomach twists in fear. Today is the festival. According to Wilbur, today something horrible is supposed to happen...

TechnoBlade's POV:

"Follow me, Tommy," I say, leading the younger boy into a secret room. Tommy's eyes widen in awe.

"Techno what is this?!" He asks in shock, I let out a low laugh.

"You think I didn't plan for this?" I say, showing him to the 2 armor stands with fully enchanted netherite. I open the chests and take out my sword and crossbow. Tommy takes an ax and a bow. I grab enderpearls and potions, handing half of them to Tommy. He grins widely.

"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" Tommy shouts, running towards the entrance. I can't help but let out a laugh, Tommy looks up to me. I follow him outside, as we make our way to L'manburg. We approach what's left of the obsidian walls. There won't be anything left here once I'm done with it.

"Technoblade... what if Tubbo gives the disks to Dream?" Tommy asks worriedly.

"Then we'll get the disks from Dream," I reassure him. All of a sudden, Tommy stops.