💔🔫 I really was the problem 🔫💔

(TW: Crying, sacrificing,death,blood)

This takes place while Tommy was making his hotel.
Later in the story though it takes place during the first festival.

—————

Tommy's pov
——————

I had left the build site to get some wood and red dye for Sam Nook when I spotted Karl acting pretty suspicious. I decided to follow him since it wouldn't hurt if I took a bit longer to get the things for the hotel. I followed Karl until we were by a huge portal. "Woah!" It slipped from my mouth before I could stop it. Karl quickly turned around and looked at me. "Shit! You weren't supposed to see this!"

I shrugged. "Eh it's not like I'll tell anyone. Sooo where does it lead to. I've never seen a portal like this." He looked uncomfortable with the question so I decided to not push it. I went over to it and touched it. "Can I go in it?"
Karl quickly pulled me away. "No I don't know what would happen if you went through it who knows what you could end up doing..you could end up changing everything."

"Why are you acting like this is a time machine..? It's not like I'd get in and be able to go to the past" I chuckled at the joke but when I looked at Karl, he looked frightened. "WAIT WHAT!? YOU'VE HAD A TIME PORTAL AND NEVER FELT THE NEED TO TELL ANYONE!!" Before he could register what I was doing, I jumped into the portal.

All I could see was swirls and it was hurting my head. I finally saw the swirls calm down a bit and smiled. "Take me to the 16th.." I closed my eyes as the swirls sped up again. When I opened them again I was in pogtopia. This is amazing, I can save Wilbur now. Then he'll be able to protect me in the future and we will be alright.

I made sure not to change anything and do everything the same until the very second I saw Phil. I quickly to the button room and waited. It all happened so quickly...I saw Phil move his sword to stab Wilbur but I knew Wilbur didn't feel anything at all. There I was lying on the ground, bleeding out.

This wasn't how I was expecting it to go but I'm still happy that I saved him. After I was killed, I got teleported back to my timeline but the second I saw Karl's face, I knew something changed. "WHY ARE YOU A GHOST!?" I only chuckled and replied 'to save Wilbur'.

I watched as everyone was happier and no war came. L'manburg didn't get destroyed, no one got exiled, everyone lived in peace. Even Techno seemed happy and I was happy as well when I saw Wilbur sitting with Phil. As I saw everyone getting along and living happily, I realized.

I really was the problem all along...