Chapter 28: My girlfriend visits us

The two remaining days I spent in Ireland passed rather quickly. It felt like I was just walking home while the sun was setting and a second later I already disapparated again and was standing in my kitchen.

I didn't feel like going back home but I knew that Alicia was coming soon and I promised to help my mum a bit around the house.

The days passed by and Alicia's arrival drew closer. I got quite nervous to be honest. I never really had a lot of friends so Fleur was always the only person to ever see my house, well maybe except Seamus years ago.

Antoine came back 2 days before Alicia was supposed to arrive. He came back with a tan and looked like he really enjoyed himself. He seemed more relaxed than I have ever experienced him.

It was the morning after Antoine arrived so Alicia would come tomorrow.

I was sitting at breakfast as Antoine came running down the stairs.

"Goood mooorning" he sang as he walked over to the toaster

"You seem to be in a good mood" I smiled

"Oh really?"

"No not at all! You just run downstairs and start singing good morning" I laughed

"Sorry! But I am just having one of the best times of my life" he explained "You know I just had the best time with my friends and now my girlfriend is arriving tomorrow and-" he cut himself off when he saw my surprised face as i choked on my orange juice.

"Girlfriend?" I asked him, surprised. I always knew that they were kinda dating and I assumed that they made it official but I never heard Antoine talking about Alicia, or any girl like this.

"Well yeah" Antoine said trying to sound like it wasn't a big thing

"You never called a girl your girlfriend before" I pointed out

"So?"

"So that means that she is really special to you!"

"Well yeah I suppose" he said, again trying to sound like it wasn't a big thing, but this time he didn't sound as convincing.

"Stop trying to act cool Antoine! It is okay to like someone" I laughed

"Will you stop now?" he looked at me as Mum entered the kitchen

"Morning everyone" she greeted us "Are you two actually talking to each other for once?" she asked

"Yeah Antoine was just telling me that-" Antoine snudged me into the sides "that he enjoyed the time with his friends"

"Oh that is wonderful! Y/N will you remember to clean your room before your friend Alicia comes tomorrow?"

"Sure" I told her confused

"Great" mum said before leaving the kitchen again.

As soon as my mum was around the corner I looked at Antoine "You told her that Alicia was coming as my friend?"

"I...yeah... I mean I wanted to tell her after she met Alicia"

"Are you kidding me right now? You told mum that Alicia would come but you lied to her and told her that she was only my friend?"

"Well yeah" Antoine said like it was the most normal thing and took a bite from his toast.

"And she didn't think that it was suspicious that you told her that my friend was gonna visit me?"

"Not really" Antoine shrugged

"I can't believe you Antoine" I said, now quite annoyed

"Was I supposed to tell her that my girlfriend visits us?"