𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: Not As Planned

A casual and chill wednesday, nothing bizarre happened from the first half of the day and everything was going as how it should've always been. The two had finally time to breathe and do their work like the normal employees that they are.

Not when you have a boss that seems to have taken a liking to the woman who's already done with the unusual things that happened ever since the start of the year.

"Good afternoon, Daigo-san! Working pretty hard today again, I see." So apparently their boss was half foreigner and his name is Simon but, Daigo preferred to call him and describe him by using the tag name that he had in this company- the boss.

"Where did your junior go?" He asked. "In the washroom." She replied. Daigo knew that her boss won't approach an employee if he didn't need something or wanted to give a task that was supposed to be his. "Ah, could you pass this folder to him then? Tell him that I need it by next month. No extensions." He said then tossed the white folder with papers in it on the desk and left.

She checked the area first, making sure that Nanami won't be returning that quick. When the coast was clear, she took a peek on the contents of the folder and her jaw dropped from what was written in it. "Seriously, what is the problem with that boss? He's too lazy!" She was angry in behalf of Nanami who was about to be the one doing this task.

Leaving the bubbling feelings aside, she thought that if he did succeed in doing this then it's possible that he'll be closer to a promotion. The boss may be too lazy to be in this company but, he gives his thanks in many ways. Some of those are unbelievable but there's always a meaning behind his actions. He still needs to be less lazy though, in Daigo's opinion.

Sighing, Daigo decided to let it be as she did have a thought in mind that it was time for Nanami to go through this. Meaning, it was also time for her to be a reliable senior and be assistive whenever. The boss did assign Nanami to be in her care after all. She was hesitant about it at first and had some complaints and doubts about his skill but, as months went by he wasn't that bad at all. Nanami is a respectful and orderly man, he always think things through and makes his move as he see fit without troubling anyone.

Hearing footsteps coming in the aisle of tables, she placed the folder to his desk and she plays everything off like nothing happened. Nanami sat on his seat and he picks up the folder, "This looks like an assignment assigned to me. Did the boss come by earlier?"

"Yeah. Boss said that he needs that to be given to him next month, no extensions." Nanami flips through the papers and it had some notes and instructions to the ideal result of the task. He already knew that this will take up most of his time but he chose not to dwell on it too much. His time management is absolute and he's confident that he'll be doing this as the boss expects him to.

"The ideal result of this, I admit, is a difficult one. It doesn't add up." He pointed his pen to the page and showed it to Daigo. "Oh! You're right. There's a slight error to it." Remember how this company is shady? The boss often does something like this, intentionally adding problems in the tasks that he assigns to his employees. In his defense, he is not lazy but, the way how he acts to his employees make him look like he's a careless boss but no, he's actually not.

His true intentions on why he does this is unknown, but the answer could be very simple. A fifth grader could probably figure it out, his words, not ours.

"You can message or call me if you don't understand bits of the task. I'm your senior after all!" Daigo said and then awkwardly poses. "I will. It is better to ask questions instead of keeping it to oneself. Your experience is longer than mine, I appreciate your assistance, Daigo-san."