𝐎𝐕𝐓. 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: Bonds

The three of them are seated on the couch while the show that the little girl wanted to watch with the two was playing on the television. She was enjoying it while she was cuddled up to Daigo who ran her fingers through the girl's hair gently.

Daigo calls Nanami, "Psst, hey." She nudges him on the arm with her elbow, catching the attention of the man. "Now is a good time to show off your cooking skills." She says with a initiating look on her face.

He looks at the time, 4:47 PM. "It's a good time to prepare dinner. I'll make whatever I can find in the fridge." The woman nods, "Alright, we'll be right here. Have fun." She pats him on the shoulder.

The man, feeling confident all of a sudden, took the hand of Daigo and held it and brought it close to his lips till it touched the female's hand.

She was taken aback by it, feeling flustered from his romantic gesture. She'd be lying if she didn't admit that it made her heart skip a beat.

"I'll make a decent dinner for the three of us. You rest with Akane." He says, rolling up his sleeve to his elbow. "Look at you, you make a good father and a husband." Daigo cooed, smiling.

Nanami chuckles and stands up, "You too, you make a good mother and a wife." He excuses himself and headed for the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Akane rubs her eyes and raises her head to look at Daigo, "Where did Nana-kun go?" She asked. The girl already had a nickname for the man and Daigo awed at the nickname and how familiar the girl had got with Nanami. The two were doing a great job at babysitting so far.

"He's in the kitchen making dinner for us three." She answered. Akane's eyes lit up and she got energetic all of a sudden, "I wanna watch him cook!" Without any hesitations, the girl hopped off the couch and ran to the kitchen with excitement in her eyes.

Adoring the passion of the girl for cooking, she follows her and when she entered the kitchen area, she saw Akane sitting on one of the tall chairs that were just there lined up on the outer side of the marbled counter.

'Oh they rich rich.' She said in her mind. She observed how the two interacted- Akane was throwing sensible questions to Nanami who does his best to answer it in a way that the little girl would understand. Akane looked smart at her age, considering how many books and movies that every shelf had in the living room and a small room with various books along with movies.

In a materialistic view, Akane is supplied with all the necessities that she needed by her parent. It was only the possible way that her parent could pay for the lost time.

"Nana-kun, how did you meet Hiroko-neesan?" Well the mind of a girl like her can go to places in her curiosity, it only happened to be that her curiosity was about the history of her two babysitters.

Nanami looked at the woman standing slightly behind the girl, he had a look on his face that was saying that she should answer instead of him.

"N-O." She spelt out for him. She did her part today so it's only fair that he should do the talking now.

Getting the message, Nanami had no choice but to answer the question himself. He was meant to answer it either way.

He began, "Simple, we were co-workers. I was assigned to be under her guidance for the whole year and that year had passed so, we're like this now." Akane hummed, swinging her legs, "Do you like her?"

Nanami paused for a moment and he glances at the woman who was minding her own business at the back- probably cleaning.

"I do like her. In fact, I'm already courting her." He said with no hesitation in his voice. He felt proud that he gets to tell the girl his feelings for Daigo.